"One small step for Man"

Hi folk's my Monogram build again way out of my comfort zone is their 1/48 Moon landing complete with Luner lander,base and figure's.Nice molding

and even gold foil for the area's covered.This was a snip off E-bay at £15 posted.

20220620_184620

20220620_184721

• Like 18

On 25/06/2022 at 12:20, John_W said:

I remember building this when it first came out, cost me a massive £5 in the 1980s. Those moulded in shadows were a pain.

Yea I'm not sure what to do about them John,even considering filling them!

On 6/25/2022 at 7:20 AM, John_W said:

I remember building this when it first came out, cost me a massive £5 in the 1980s. Those moulded in shadows were a pain.

I remember when it first came out, the base had the shadows pre-painted. Foil was a pin in the backside to apply.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LorenSharp said:

I remember when it first came out, the base had the shadows pre-painted. Foil was a pin in the backside to apply.

No way I'm using it Loren looks a PITA,thinking of gold crackle paint.

• Like 1

Might work, Though I'd do a test first. Or, take regular foil ,possibly Mylar (child's big balloon) if you can find it, and paint that gold.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

It was paper backed foil with a cutting template printed on the back. After about a year the foil peeled off in parts just leaving the paper on the model 🙄

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, John_W said:

It was paper backed foil with a cutting template printed on the back. After about a year the foil peeled off in parts just leaving the paper on the model 🙄

If I was going to do one now Id use gold leaf myself. Its available at most craft stores and actually is quite inexpensive considering it is gold. If not gold leaf then gold foil of some sort. Painting would work if you could realistically capture the wrinkles ? 

• Like 1

The wife painted the garden seat with Hammerite (green).I tried it on an old kit and it looked OK so I'm thinking their gold might work.I sprayed the base in primer

last night so a start has been made.

• Like 2