Revell 1/48 B-17f, "Oh, what a surprise! It's the Memphis Belle" - Completed - photos in the gallery

Eric

Thanks for the comments

I'm actually very impressed with the Revell kit, and pretty pleased with the overall impact of the model. I was pretty rushed at the end, will probably tidy up some of the fit over the next few weeks

I think I was right to focus on what was visible in the nose, those gun braces do look good, I may have spent too much time on the open waist positions however

I'm not totally convinced about the blotches, but I didn't want them to stick out too much

As I said I quite like the way the faded look has turned out, and also the oil/exhaust staining over the wings

This is only my sixth build since returning to modelling, all the others being single seat fighters! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nickhenfrey said:

Eric

Thanks for the comments

I'm actually very impressed with the Revell kit, and pretty pleased with the overall impact of the model. I was pretty rushed at the end, will probably tidy up some of the fit over the next few weeks

I think I was right to focus on what was visible in the nose, those gun braces do look good, I may have spent too much time on the open waist positions however

I'm not totally convinced about the blotches, but I didn't want them to stick out too much

As I said I quite like the way the faded look has turned out, and also the oil/exhaust staining over the wings

This is only my sixth build since returning to modelling, all the others being single seat fighters! 

If this is only your sixth build you've got great skills with building. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle