Matchbox 1/72 Do-28 Skyservant

Wow! Hard to believe it's the old Matchbox kit . Amazing how some of these old kits can turn out with a little bit of effort. I always thought the DO28 was a decent kit and didn't suffer from too many trench lines like some others. Fabulous work, thanks for sharing 👍👍

• Thanks 1

Cracking job on a golden oldie....   Finish looks pretty impeccable.  Not one I remember from back in the day.

Just rediscovering Matchbox myself got a Tempest on the bench and just done a Beaufighter.

Forgot how good they actually are considering the age of them..  Love the quality of the plastic and very little flash even by today's standards.

• Thanks 1

Absolutely flawless finish! I would never know that the windscreen was a "challenge"!!

Like Alpha Delta 210 said, the results you achieved on the windscreen are remarkable and the finish is flawless.

Scott

• Thanks 1

Marvelous job on a quiet basic kit. Did you have to put a spar through the fuselage? I seem to remember the wing joints were a bit sloppy and not too strong. My local airfield Manston used to get these in almost weekly sometimes daily so it seemed at the time and on leaving one could hear them droning away for ages. Thank you for sharing and jogging the memory card 

Keith

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Britman said:

Did you have to put a spar through the fuselage?

Hi Keith, I managed without a spar by using Tamiya Extra Thin Quick Dry to fix the wings on, and once that was dry slowly working in Rocket Hot extra thin cyano to fill the gaps. If you try to pull the wings off now you're more likely to break out the fuselage sides with them.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Natter said:

Never heard it called that - Britmodeller; every day an education.

Well, Bauernadler ("peasant's eagle") seems to be a term used for several solid, widely-used, but rather unimpressive aircraft. I heard the Cessna 172 called so as well. But the Dornier was definitely known by this name, too.

Some day, I would like to build one, too. The Do-28 is really a typical aircraft for the 1970/80s Luftwaffe. Each flying unit seems to have had a couple of them. After the end of the Cold War, however, in times of tight defense budget, the Do was retired without replacement. I suspect, one of the main missions of the Do-128 in the Luftwaffe was to create work for Dornier...

• Like 1

Lovely built!

First plane I ever flew on (Marineflieger version, of course). Pilot: "Look, it can pull up on just one engine!" - "... and it can wag its tail!" - "It glides quite well, even if you put engines on idle...". Yes, I was well prepared for travelling with Icelandair...

👍 WP

• Like 1