USAF TF-104G Starfighter

Hello all, another of the three projects (F-86D, TF-104G, Su-17)  from the shed which have all come to completion around the same time. The kit is from the box and went together very well. It was an ebay purchase that came with a microscale sheet and a resin detail set which I didn’t use (it was for a single seater ). Had a bit of a mare with the rear end as I unknowingly got thinners onto my neoprene gloves, this stripped off the metal paint work where I was holding it while doing final touch ups. This meant masking and respraying with decals already on so it’s not as I would have liked but will have to do.

It’s finished with Humbrol 27002, darkened for the rear end metalwork. The decals are from all over the shop, Microscale, Aeromaster, Fantasy Print Shop, with a few from the kit sheet.  The aircraft depicted is a TF-104G from the 418th Tactical Fighter Training Squadron.

Hope you like it.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for popping by

Pete

• Like 51
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Crown Rn7 said:

Very nice masking with the metal finish. What kind of paint did you use?

Thanks very much. The paint is Humrol 27002 polished aluminium enamel, sprayed on. There is also 27001(not polished, basically matt) and 27003 steel. I predominently use 002 and mix greys and black with it to produce different shades.

• 2 weeks later...