Panther Ausf G 1/35

Nigel Bunker

I'd like to make a model in 1/35 of the Panther Ausf G captured by the Coldstream Guards in 1944 in the Netherlands and subsequently used by them. I have decals from Kagero but need to get a kit. Looking on the interweb at the few photos available I see the tank is covered in Zimmeritt and I have no desire to make a model then cover it in putty to replicate the finish. Does any manufacturer make a kit with a moulded Zimmeritt finish?

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the Takom one. It even comes with (partial) decals for 'Cuckoo'.

Just one more thing - none of the pictires I have found show the turret roof. As a captured tank, I am pretty certain it would have a white star on the turret roof so it could be udentified from the air. Anybody got any thoughts on this?

• Like 1

On 04/07/2022 at 07:55, Nigel Bunker said:

I bought the Takom one. It even comes with (partial) decals for 'Cuckoo'.

Just one more thing - none of the pictires I have found show the turret roof. As a captured tank, I am pretty certain it would have a white star on the turret roof so it could be udentified from the air. Anybody got any thoughts on this?

I can't find any evidence that it did except on other models. It would make sense that it did have a star on top though. You may just have to go for it.