RS-82 rocket rails (Soviet)

On Soviet warplanes, not sure the color of the RS-82 rails. I've heard straight-up aluminum, but the (bad) photos appear darker, partly due to shadow under the wings, I'm sure. 

In this case for MiG-3's, if it makes a difference.  Haven't found much useful info in my searches. 

I now defer to y'all!  :pray:

Edited by Andrew D Jolly Rogers guy

1 hour ago, John Thompson said:

Thanks John....wouldn't have expected the MiG-3 triple rack to be in blue, but I guess there it is.

Thanks again!

Yes, I know, but it's all I could find. My guess (which is how Internet Dogma is created, right or wrong) is that the RO-82 rails were painted AIIg Blue or its metal equivalent either at the same time as the undersides or separately to match them. I have a few saved photos, but none which look conclusively like anything definite. LMK if you want me to post some.

John

Hi Andrew and John, 

here are some photos from Russian sites:

spacer.png

spacer.png

My impression is of green paint, with black cap.  The most part  of the struts shows the colors of aluminum and rusty steel, but it's likely that they were painted.

Edited by Massimo Tessitori
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Massimo Tessitori said:

Hi Andrew and John, 

http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/mig3/wrecks/90602453.jpg

http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/mig3/wrecks/90602455.jpg

My impression is of green paint, with black cap.  The most part  of the struts shows the colors of aluminum and rusty steel, but it's likely that they were painted.

Wow, I had no idea those 2 pics were there on your site!  Beyond perfect, thank you!

On 6/19/2022 at 4:15 AM, Massimo Tessitori said:

Hi Andrew and John, 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Massimo, would you interpret the green paint remains as really very faded 4BO, or would it be something much lighter?