HMS Minotaur 1980s

Gidday All, I finished my model of HMS Minotaur on Thursday night. However I'll only post one photo here as I think dual threads are frowned upon. I've done a post in the What-if section as the story I've written for the model is a companion piece to that done by Alan P and hence I thought they should be in the same place.

The majority of the photos show the ship in 1982 when she carried Exocets but the story also says that these were replaced by Harpoons so I'll show a photo of that here.

MNTR430 1987

The platform carrying the Harpoons just forward of the bridge structure simply lifts off and another carrying Exocets can fit in it's place. The directors mounted on the forward superstructure are, from front to rear, the Seawolf director, the DCT for surface targets and then the HA director for aerial targets, both for the forward pair of 6-inch turrets. This arrangement is duplicated aft.

The model uses an elongated Airfix Suffolk hull (I used two) and as much of the two Airfix Tiger kits as I could use. Parts of other Airfix ship kits are used also, plus some scratch building.

More photos can be found in:

The build log in the works in progress section:

Thank you for your interest. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 20

• 3 weeks later...