US armour procession.

Stef N.

3 hours ago, Stef N. said:

No worries.👍

What is the vehicle at the head of the second group?

Looks like an M4 highspeed tractor used for towing artillery pieces,I think it may be towing a 90mm AA/AT gun.

• Thanks 1

They stopped off at Bovington museum at about lunchtime and were parked up in Dorchester for a couple of hours in the afternoon.  Some very nice vehicles on display and all credit to the owners.

I believe they're overnighting near Broadmayne and dispersing tomorrow.

One thing that really surprised me, and I don't think I've ever seen modelled, is the amount of oil and grease the Dragon Wagon's rear chain drive throws all over the rear of the wagon.  There is an oil tank each side with 2 outlet pipes which can be opened to dribble oil onto the chains from time to time as they go round.  Plus some oil reservoirs for other oiling points.  All very agricultural.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Das Abteilung said:

They stopped off at Bovington museum at about lunchtime and were parked up in Dorchester for a couple of hours in the afternoon.  Some very nice vehicles on display and all credit to the owners.

I believe they're overnighting near Broadmayne and dispersing tomorrow.

One thing that really surprised me, and I don't think I've ever seen modelled, is the amount of oil and grease the Dragon Wagon's rear chain drive throws all over the rear of the wagon.  There is an oil tank each side with 2 outlet pipes which can be opened to dribble oil onto the chains from time to time as they go round.  Plus some oil reservoirs for other oiling points.  All very agricultural.

A short snippet from Dorchester.

• Like 1