Can you recommend a 1/48 seated fighter pilot figure? Looking specifically for British late WWII

Memphis Pete

Hello,

As the title implies, been looking for a seated pilot to place inside a 1/48 Spit Mk IX.  I've found plenty of the early war period but besides the ICM pilot set have found nothing.

Don't have an issue with the ICM set, it is just that the pilot is not quite seated, and only provides one pilot in full gear.  For the price of one I am hoping I can get a resin figure better detailed.

I can do some surgery, have done it many times.  So any suggestions?

I know of a couple, PJ Productions do one but its more Battle of Britain era

PJ481102.jpg?t=

The other one I know of is by CMK and is already seated in a Spitfire Pilot seat. More mid/late war than the PJ Productions one. 

CMF48292_1.jpg?t=

Not sure if that one would fill your bill, but the late 70s Airfix kits included very nice (at least for their time) figures. I'd have to check but IIRC they were not generic (in contrast to their "one size fits all" 1/72 figures) but tailored to the type - so the Mosquito pilot may be suitable (admittedly not much can be seen on the pic), and I'd imagine quite a number of them lead a prisoner's life in spares boxes around the membership.

On 18/06/2022 at 02:58, Memphis Pete said:

been looking for a seated pilot to place inside a 1/48 Spit Mk IX.

the recent Airfix Spitfire XIV kit has a seated pilot figure

sprue4.jpg

As you are in the USA, I'd ask on Hyperscale if anyone has a spare,  as they have a large US readership.  As @tempestfan suggests

16 hours ago, tempestfan said:

I'd imagine quite a number of them lead a prisoner's life in spares boxes around the membership.

They will be out there in spares land....

PS a couple of US based Spitfire fans are @gingerbob and @Bruce Archer 

HTH 

13 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

the recent Airfix Spitfire XIV kit has a seated pilot figure

sprue4.jpg

As you are in the USA, I'd ask on Hyperscale if anyone has a spare,  as they have a large US readership.  As @tempestfan suggests

They will be out there in spares land....

PS a couple of US based Spitfire fans are @gingerbob and @Bruce Archer 

HTH 

How suitable would the pilot figure (very nice) from the recent Tamiya 1/48 Spitfire 1 kit 61119, that has a 1940 pilot, be?  Would the appearance have changed significantly compared to a late ww2 RAF pilot?

ilj