Moynet LM 75, Le Mans 24h 1975

39 minutes ago, Pouln said:

What a beautiful model you created. So many nicely executed details on this small scale. Well done Jörgen!

Thanks a lot Poul, glad you like it.

I came from the world of 1/43, so I stll find 1/24 reasonable to deal with. Using good glasses...😎

21 minutes ago, klubman01 said:

Another cracking model.  Bravo!

Trevor

Thanks a lot Trevor, a Le Mans subject always brings inspiration to the work ahead.

• Like 1

Stunning work on a car I had not forgotten, on account of I had never heard of it!

How on earth did you manage to do it so quickly and so well though, even with the time you had available?

Ian

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brandy said:

Stunning work on a car I had not forgotten, on account of I had never heard of it!

How on earth did you manage to do it so quickly and so well though, even with the time you had available?

Ian

Thanks a lot Ian. Well, the basic resin kit was quite good, and to some extent I make a priority of what detail is worth making trouble for, then I suppose it helps a little too when it is a subject the builder really likes.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Pardon me for digging this up after two months, but I just wanted to congratulate you on a truly superb build.  There were times I thought I was looking at the actual car.

I also wanted to ask you a technical question of sorts: fairly early on you mention using 1200 grit sandpaper to sand down the blue/red paint border.  How do you avoid smearing the demarcation line?  I would have thought the fine pigment left in the sandpaper would get ground in around the border and spoil those lovely sharp lines.

I'd love to know how you did it.

6 hours ago, Mark_C said:

Pardon me for digging this up after two months, but I just wanted to congratulate you on a truly superb build.  There were times I thought I was looking at the actual car.

I also wanted to ask you a technical question of sorts: fairly early on you mention using 1200 grit sandpaper to sand down the blue/red paint border.  How do you avoid smearing the demarcation line?  I would have thought the fine pigment left in the sandpaper would get ground in around the border and spoil those lovely sharp lines.

I'd love to know how you did it.

Thanks a lot for your kind praise!

I guess it depents to some extent on the type of paint used. This paint, automotive laquer, sands quite well, it doesn't "smear" with the paper, like some enamels can do. Of course sanding residues are left, but they are easily washed of as they are just dry dust.

Also I don't sand the demarcation line all the way down to exactly zero, especially not where there are no decals to cover it. When it's under decals of course you don't need a perfectly sharp line, actually it's better to not have a sharp line there.

I hope that answer makes som sense.