1/72 - Scottish Aviation S.A. Bulldog by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - released - new boxing in May 2023

Homebee

Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) is to release 1/72nd Scottish Aviation S.A. Bulldog kits.

- ref. KPM0298 - Scottish Aviation S.A. Bulldog T.1  - RAF

Source: https://www.kovozavody.cz/produkt/s-a-bulldog-t-1-raf/

KPM0298-box.webp

KPM0298-kamo.webp

- ref. KPM0299 - Scottish Aviation S.A. Bulldog T.1  - RAF Special

Source: https://www.kovozavody.cz/produkt/s-a-bulldog-t-1-raf-special/

KPM0299-box.webp

KPM0299-kamo.webp

- ref. KPM0299 - Scottish Aviation S.A. Sk.61 Bulldog - In Swedish services

Source: https://www.kovozavody.cz/produkt/sk-61-bulldog-in-swedish-services/

KPM0300-box.webp

KPM0300-kamo.webp

- ref. KPM0300 - Scottish Aviation S.A. Bulldog T.1 - Overseas services

Source: https://www.kovozavody.cz/produkt/s-a-bulldog-t-1-overseas-services/

KPM0301-box.webp

KPM0301-kamo.webp

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 15

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Scottish Aviation S.A. Bulldog by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - box art+schemes- release July 2022

But will it be better than the Airfix ...if that one will appear as a classic ever.

?????

Edit  ps:  what's with the darker red RAF one????

3 hours ago, Paul J said:

But will it be better than the Airfix ...if that one will appear as a classic ever.

?????

Edit  ps:  what's with the darker red RAF one????

Two issues I was considering?  Plenty of Airfix Bulldogs still around, so I shame they picked a type already made. Would have been better in 1/48 perhaps?

Don't understand the RAF Cranwell one in a darker red, as ALL RAF Bulldogs were painted in standard colours.

The Royal Hong Kong Auxiliary Air Force Bulldog is missing the Hong Kong Government crest above the stripes and was only test-flown before delivery with that B-class reg. 

Edited by AMB

The other glaring error with the RAF red white ones is the overall red undersides and to the wings . The wings should be the same as the top with light aircraft grey and red outer wing tip areas. Don't KP check these sorts of things??  The box top art shows it correctly??? And not sure about the yellow areas on one of the black ones.

Re the Swedish one, I once did an AIrfix one in the splinter camo all hand painted. Found the pattern for the scheme in one of those older IPMS small format magazines.

• Like 1

I do wish they wouldn't do this sort of thing, here's another couple of boxings I fancy, that Jordanian desert scheme looks tasty, as does the Swedish splinter scheme, & me retiring in a couple of weeks, how will I ever afford these. :D

Steve.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Paul J said:

The other glaring error with the RAF red white ones is the overall red undersides and to the wings . The wings should be the same as the top with light aircraft grey and red outer wing tip areas. Don't KP check these sorts of things??  The box top art shows it correctly??? And not sure about the yellow areas on one of the black ones.

Re the Swedish one, I once did an AIrfix one in the splinter camo all hand painted. Found the pattern for the scheme in one of those older IPMS small format magazines.

I wondered about the deeper red and the all-red undersides.  I've never seen a Bulldog in such a scheme but I'm happy to be shown otherwise.  I suppose, as the kit hasn't been released yet, KP might correct these errors.

2 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

I do wish they wouldn't do this sort of thing, here's another couple of boxings I fancy, that Jordanian desert scheme looks tasty, as does the Swedish splinter scheme, & me retiring in a couple of weeks, how will I ever afford these. :D

Steve.

I know, right?  KP and AZ are releasing my kind of subjects at an alarming rate.  Will I never be rid of Stash Mountain!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

BTW, I thought I'd take this opportunity to express my opinion that KP's box artist, Carlos Alonso, is producing artwork which I believe young people refer to as "Bangin'"!

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

KP and AZ are releasing my kind of subjects at an alarming rate.

Which probably explains why such errors keep creeping in to their releases. 

I’d welcome the subject if by another manufacturer but I can’t see AZ/KP improving on the sweet little Airfix kit beyond a handful of engraved panel lines. 

• Like 1

These look promising. I do feel sorry for manufacturers these days: it seems that instead of rejoicing in the wide and varied array of new releases, all we can do is pick (small, easily corrected) holes in their best efforts.

I do fancy the Swedish version.

• Like 8

Unexpected - maybe a Tucano next?

The Cranwell red is easily explained as a printing error. Look at the painting guide and you’ll only see one shade mentioned.

Trevor

On 6/17/2022 at 11:57 PM, stevehnz said:

Steve.

One at a time Steve, one at a time 😀. That's been my mantra since retirement, mind you, I'm only human and have my polystyrene weaknesses 😀.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

The Cranwell red is easily explained as a printing error. Look at the painting guide and you’ll only see one shade mentioned.

Trevor

I looked. It says carmine for XX519.

Paul.

• Confused 1

On 6/19/2022 at 12:24 PM, Max Headroom said:

Trevor

I wish it was that simple but I addressed this with KP who said ' they have a photo that shows it in a darker red'!!!  Clearly lack of research as their photo is probably either in shadow or under-exposed!.

I bet the air force decided to apply the ”Viggen camo” on all their stuff just to make life difficult for modellers. You need to be at least part-time masochist to paint splinter on such a wee plane.

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, Torbjorn said:

I bet the air force decided to apply the ”Viggen camo” on all their stuff just to make life difficult for modellers. You need to be at least part-time masochist to paint splinter on such a wee plane.

Nah. Sure to be a ready market amongst the modellers of WW1 German aircraft who no longer have to paint lozenge camo.

Paul.

• Like 1

Just seen some pics of the sprues and one built up. It scarily looks just like the Airfix one except for some recessed lines etc. and on their familiar single sprue.