Jump to content

Under The Eaves The Swallow Is Resting Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun - Mikro-Mir 1/72 De-Havilland DH108


Recommended Posts

This one arrived this morning and went straight to the top of the build list.

It will be OOB, of course as I'm fairly sure that's about my level.

 

NeoNaDK.jpg

 

zgB6P21.jpg

 

8qhVo4c.jpg

 

bBiqAqR.jpg

 

iEIKzAL.jpg

 

wJT3ErY.jpg

 

mGHqIPL.jpg

 

5ZPdKlU.jpg

 

N7Iz993.jpg

 

cdii9Uc.jpg

 

Plastic will be butchered later.

 

Thanks for looking,

 

Cheers,

Alistair

  • Like 18
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Very interesting choice  looking forward to this Alistair. 

 

 

:popcorn:

 

Chris

Thanks Chris,

I just fancied something different and when this finally turned up on the doorstep this morning I thought why not.

 

Cheers,

Alistair

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another cool Swallow - good!

 

I love this airplane! I already wrote in someone's other Swallow thread that in '80s, during communist time in Poland, when model kits were hardly available, I've unintentionally built of a model of something very similar to the Swallow - even if I tried to build a Messerschmitt 163. I took the fuselage from Frog/Novo soviet kit of Vampire (these were available) and added the wings made of... tailplane of the East German-made kit of Il-62 soviet passenger jet. The result looked cool!

 

Good luck with this project!

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, GrzeM said:

Another cool Swallow - good!

 

I love this airplane! I already wrote in someone's other Swallow thread that in '80s, during communist time in Poland, when model kits were hardly available, I've unintentionally built of a model of something very similar to the Swallow - even if I tried to build a Messerschmitt 163. I took the fuselage from Frog/Novo soviet kit of Vampire (these were available) and added the wings made of... tailplane of the East German-made kit of Il-62 soviet passenger jet. The result looked cool!

 

Good luck with this project!

Thanks very much,

I don't suppose you have any pictures of the one you built I for one would like to see it.

 

Cheers,

Alistair

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just ordered one of these. It's a fascinating but fatally flawed aeroplane. Eric Brown described it as "a killer" - which it literally was.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Eric Mc said:

Just ordered one of these. It's a fascinating but fatally flawed aeroplane. Eric Brown described it as "a killer" - which it literally was.

It is a beautiful plane but unfortunately yes it was not the best of designs.

 

Cheers,

Alistair 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some paint chucked about the place followed by some glue and a decal.

 

bLsMSki.jpg

 

YHTsiXU.jpg

 

o9aJFKu.jpg

 

0IDIxmG.jpg

 

oHuXkMO.jpg

 

The IP has been softened and will be left until it conforms properly.

 

 

Thanks for looking,

 

Cheers,

Alistair

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, AliGauld said:

Thanks very much,

I don't suppose you have any pictures of the one you built I for one would like to see it.

 

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks!

No, I never had it photographed, and the model did not survive, I think it was built in late '80s...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alistair,

 

Love it! I bet this one will fly by, but will look forward to seeing it develop,

 

Cheers,

 

Roger

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Dunny said:

Alistair,

 

Love it! I bet this one will fly by, but will look forward to seeing it develop,

 

Cheers,

 

Roger

Thanks Roger,

I hope this will be a quick one.

 

10 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Great to see some paint.  Nice start Alistair.

Chris

Thanks Chris,

Some more glue tonight I hope.

 

Cheers,

Alistair

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • AliGauld changed the title to Under The Eaves The Swallow Is Resting Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun - Mikro-Mir 1/72 De-Havilland DH108
20 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Wow you'll have this done by the end of the week. Looks hood Alistair. 

 

Chris 

Thanks Chris,

It's not a big kit and the paint scheme isn't complicated so I'm hoping it'll be fairly quick.

That'll be the kiss of death now. :rofl2:

 

Cheers,

Alistair

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AliGauld said:

Thanks Chris,

It's not a big kit and the paint scheme isn't complicated so I'm hoping it'll be fairly quick.

That'll be the kiss of death now. :rofl2:

 

Cheers,

Alistair

😄 I am sure it will be fine Alistair.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

Sorry, late on parade again, been away from the computer for a few days.

I will join in if I may.

 

Stay safe.

 

Simon.

You are always welcome to drop in anytime.

 

Cheers,

Alistair

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Should look interesting when finished.  A nice companion to the Vampire. 

 

 By the way, I like your Pink Floyd one liner lyrics.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Paul J said:

Should look interesting when finished.  A nice companion to the Vampire. 

 

 By the way, I like your Pink Floyd one liner lyrics.

Thanks very much,

This build and the last one just seemed to fit those lyrics and I like to stick a wee music reference into the title. ;)

 

Cheers,

Alistair

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Nice paintwork Alistair, looking good fella. 

Chris

Thanks Chris but I appear to have posted this in the wrong thread. :oops:

I'll move it over.

 

Cheers,

Alistair

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...