1/24 Scratchbuilt Jagdpanzer 38 (Sd.Kfz. 138/2) Hetzer, now in KUTA GB

In a staggering coincidence I just popped on the tele and discovery are playing the episode just now. Some great views of the gun and mantle. I also like that camo scheme, was planning on using an ambush scheme, but I'm beginning to think it's a bit hackneyed. 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

7-DFE06-B8-C1-B6-464-C-9-D26-88-B2-DD1-FI may have saved myself a ton of work here, 1/16 Panther track found on the interweb for €4.59 plus shipping and look like they can be cut down to work on the Hetzer. I reckon if I do it right I might even get a second 38(t) chassis out of them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

but won’t 1/16 scale be far too big?

1/16 is only 50% larger than 1/25 and as it happens the track links are too wide but pretty much the right thickness and height, so I should be able to trim them down to size.

I have a plan b( c?, Z?) and have a set of rubber band tracks on order too.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

A8-E6-E850-B75-C-47-BD-8160-7-C2-EDF38-E

The full complement of bits and pieces. Started attaching the suspension parts.

DDA1931-E-1521-4-AF8-BCFF-7-E92-F5-B109-A bit more assembly. The road wheels are just dry fitted to check (Czech :) ) if I’ve gotten the overall assembly right.

• Like 4

A3336-FE9-374-C-4-F2-A-A2-D5-4-EECFC9-DEFour if the eight road wheels dremelled, filled and sanded. I’m going to redo the hub details. And of course I managed to sit on the hill so it’s undergoing some ( thankfully) minor repairs. 

• Like 2

• Marklo changed the title to 1/24 Scratchbuilt Jagdpanzer 38 (Sd.Kfz. 138/2) Hetzer, now in KUTA GB

Added in to KUTA mostly or cause it wasn’t getting the priority I tend to give GBs nor because I don’t love it :) 

Fear not the Hetzer is almost complete. All learnings will be incorporated in my builds for the STGB.