Those Last Desperate Days

Redid the roof, and I'm still not happy with it, but I'll have to learn how to live with it otherwise I'll keep redoing it and never get this finished. I'll be adding some detritus to the gutter at a later stage, but for now, I'm calling it done. And onto the dressmakers shop I go, although I doubt I'd look any good in a posh frock.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thank you for looking.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

I've not been here for a while, so I just did a catch up. Superb is my first, second and third impression. Keep it coming.

Many thanks Pete.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in updates. I had to return to WA to sort out some family business. Having said that, I haven't made much progress. After painting the roof tiles, I decided that I didn't like them and took them all off. Designed a new tile in AutoCAD and let the 3d printer do the rest.

I stuffed up with the last section of wallpaper and stuck it down the wrong way, so I'm going with "It was a Friday job and the paper hanger had one to many steins with lunch before resuming the job".

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Minor update. Other than dirtying up the interior, its finished. The new roof tiles are in situ and I've gone with a red leather comfy couch. Need some advice, going to paint the window frames and light shades, but be damned if I can figure out a colour, I was thinking green, but then the warehouse has a green door, gutter and down pipe, so I've ruled that out. Suggestions welcomed.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Upper interior still needs a broken lamp, which I have printed off, just not painted. Plus some paint touch ups. And rubble.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Crayons
  • Like 3

The chair is looking great…. colour wise for the shades I’d go with…. A kinda beige/mangnolia/light yellow. I know, I know…it’s boring but it is a light colour which means your more likely to notice it and the shading of the vented/fluted parts will stand out more with darker shades, plus the wallpaper is kind of darkish. Or you could match the wallpaper blue to it?
 The frames maybe a mahogany/reddish brown? That’s my input, but the wife normal picks out in interiors… thankfully!

best for now,

Paul.

Edited by Muchmirth
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Muchmirth said:

A kinda beige/mangnolia/light yellow

Magnolia for the window frames would work very well with the blue and green of the wallpaper. The white trim wouldn't affect the colours and it "should" be okay in contrast to the red of the exterior brick work. Thank you for your suggestion Paul.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another minor update. Progress, but slow. A few minor details to finish, downpipe straps, window frames, a bit more dust and grime and other weathering details plus the bits for the interior lower floor. Also started working on the figures. They're a mix of Zvezda, Dragon, MasterBox, Hornet, Royal Models and ICM. I won't bother starting a new thread for those as its only been some basic kitbashing and resculpting.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking.

• Like 3

Fantastic looking! Can’t wait to see what you think of the figures, you have a good mix of makes lined up. I personally hated the zvezda ones (but might have been only the two I have done from them, the plastic was ver very soft and funny feeling)but the royal models are fantastic. They finish really well. 

17 hours ago, Muchmirth said:

I personally hated the zvezda ones (but might have been only the two I have done from them, the plastic was ver very soft and funny feeling)

I found the plastic of the Zvezda figures was quite nice to work with. The MasterBox and Dragon ones, can't say the same. It reminds of the plastic Tamiya used to use in 70s/80s. Brittle and rather hard.

Edited by Crayons
Forget to mention Dragon in the plastic dislikes

Starting work on some of the street details. Bamboo cooking skewers and speaker wire into a barbed wire barricade.

spacer.png

spacer.png

And a general overview of the scene so far minus the figures.

spacer.png

Thanks for looking.

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Dressmakers shop finished. I ended up going with a pale grey for the window frames. The original colour suggestion of magnolia made the building look very grubby. Figures are about 75% complete. Next step is to glue the buildings to the base and start on the debris field in the street.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Building side of things is finished with the exception of a few weathering details, but I'm waiting on supplies to arrive. Figures only need the skin tones done, however, as I currently have a broken thumb and two broken fingers, progress has slowed. I am still plugging away, but somewhat dexterously limited at the moment.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The white wash bowl looking thing is from the spares box and the 2/3 of a bicycle I designed in AutoCAD and the 3d printer worked its magic. It didn't print perfectly, but it was good enough to use. The poster is from an internet picture re-scaled and printed off on my laser printer and then varnished to seal it. I have ordered a name plate for it, but the Australia Post carry pigeon seems to have taken the scenic route. Once the figures are completed and installed, I'll post in the RFI section, it will also contained photos of the interior of the buildings.

Thanks to all those who followed along. Oh, and to the person that PM'd regarding a minor change (yes, you know who you are. 🙂) I was able to change 50% of what you pointed out. Probably the 50% that was the worst part.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1