Venom F-16 Viper Demo Team

When I first saw photos of the F-16 Viper Team Demo out of Shaw AFB, SC in 2020 I thought that this was one of the best of many F-16 demo schemes but thought it pretty unlikely I would be able to replicate it.

Luckily Model Makers Decals had made this scheme super easy for someone with my patience and I ordered the decals immediately. They provide very clear steps in the instructions to lay all the scales down in sections. The decals were thin enough that the Tamiya surface detail still shows through. I had a few hiccups but overall it looks the part.  I added a Quinta Studios cockpit as well, painting the gull gray areas to make it blend in better. 

yssf5OA.jpg

0ydgV81.jpgaXR2Ggw.jpgN96pVri.jpgjTEtBB4.jpgrKWCFK6.jpg

musTaOU.jpg

aurAzez.jpgHU42DKz.jpg

0TZY2NW.jpg

hcOZDbB.jpg

• Like 36

Very nicely done!  Getting large decals like this to all align and lay down nicely is not as easy as you make it look, your work looks perfect to me.  Love the 3 F-16's you have in your collection.  I need to get cracking on a couple of mine in the stash now.

• Thanks 1

On 16/06/2022 at 03:10, paulsbrown said:

When I first saw photos of the F-16 Viper Team Demo out of Shaw AFB, SC in 2020 I thought that this was one of the best of many F-16 demo schemes but thought it pretty unlikely I would be able to replicate it.

Luckily Model Makers Decals had made this scheme super easy for someone with my patience and I ordered the decals immediately. They provide very clear steps in the instructions to lay all the scales down in sections. The decals were thin enough that the Tamiya surface detail still shows through. I had a few hiccups but overall it looks the part.  I added a Quinta Studios cockpit as well, painting the gull gray areas to make it blend in better. 

yssf5OA.jpg

0ydgV81.jpgaXR2Ggw.jpgN96pVri.jpgjTEtBB4.jpgrKWCFK6.jpg

musTaOU.jpg

aurAzez.jpgHU42DKz.jpg

0TZY2NW.jpg

hcOZDbB.jpg

Very good Viper,

Could you give  me some more details about your building on that  YF-16  ?SouthViper from Brazil 

• 2 weeks later...