Eduard Zero A6M2 - 1/48

Hey all - here’s my completed Zero from the recent new tool from Eduard. I’ve wanted to do a zero for ages so jumped into this as soon as the kit arrived. It’s a very nice kit, typical from Eduard. The fit is excellent in most places though there are some minor issues. Nothing that can’t be easily dealt with. I had ghost seams constantly reappearing on the alt section of the fuselage so I had to do spot repair them a number of times. I know others have had the same problem so I think this is an issue with the kit. The landing gear was also tricky with no way to get a positive fit so a bit of manual alignment is required. Other than that, it’s pretty solid. The details are great especially with the rivets and cockpit. I added eduard resin wheels and fabric seatbelts from hgw. 

This aircraft flew from dirt airfields in New Britain near the Solomons so I wanted to portray a dirty worn airframe. The dirt is quite empathized in the photos as I tend to over expose my pictures- it’s not as pronounced in reality. But it’s not a Pearl Harbor airplane which were very clean. 

Painted with mr color paints with oils and enamels for the weathering - main markings were masked and used hgw wet transfers for the stencils. 

XylGRpZ.jpg

OJnWqXI.jpg

0oROYGW.jpg

G2Xoqz9.jpg

eesGS3f.jpg

1aCTAc0.jpg

KUOBRtD.jpg

aSnfoys.jpg
HKwlxJX.jpg

8QJmauv.jpg

pajPsw6.jpg

rjF3QqX.jpg

V2q08G3.jpg
9Pp8Agh.jpg

1Yepiym.jpg

Q9x7Dr8.jpg

• Like 61
  • Thanks 3

Nice rendition of a nice model. However there should be no stain after the black disks on the wing as they are the ammunition counters. Cheers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zigomar said:

Nice rendition of a nice model. However there should be no stain after the black disks on the wing as they are the ammunition counters. Cheers.

Hi Jean, thanks for the info on ammunition counters on wings, did not knew that ! learning everyday that's a living !! 😉

• Like 1

On 6/16/2022 at 9:21 PM, Zigomar said:

Thanks zigomar - My mistake - thought they were used for fuel

On 6/16/2022 at 9:45 PM, pacificmustang said:

Absolutely a sensational build . Do you think the  ghost seam problem in these kits is due to the thickness of the plastic in that area ? 

Bruce 

thanks Bruce - probably- the plastic there is not thin but I think it just doesn’t mate v well - if I was doing it again I’d use CA glue and fill it with CA too

On 6/17/2022 at 5:52 AM, JWM said:

Very nicely dirty. By the way - not A2M6 but A6M2.... B)

Regards

J-W

Thanks sir - corrected 👍

Thanks for the kind comments all 😊

• 8 months later...