Char B1 Bis

Hi everyone, here's my build of the excellent Tamiya kit - this was also my first kit using a PE set and friul tracks. Its sprayed with Tamiya acrylics and weathered with a combination of oils and enamels. Eventually I'll get around to building a base for it, but for now let me know what you think!

NL_mHk2w2nT-1CyJH5pIXLG960M1mBXUZbXnvK1s

6992OBYM26S65waQIR0pdRAtnTqDgl2NUtKBj_Ym

JwKx69Bh4sRlHV8M0FSKdBW5qIoVF23nCbSSAKh7

IUd4C-_8VBFKlklA64ZJk9beGGZrmk5BizHI9UIN

oL9dc7UvkPLjvh6BTjr-FuYTeN8fUKKPkdHK1IEK

HcmorlodkOuDbeh1RMCcjE2CWpvdJ7XjxkFC2iKQ

• Like 49
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, StephMarb said:

@Bertie Psmith It is now! But I think it's in reference to the real guy sadly. Looking back on it this tank would have been a perfect Obelix - I might have to build up a collection of french tanks and name them all after the villagers

y4mq7Itmbneo_nlMLm-m7sK0KX-DHUbQpbwkFAmA

Here's your Asterix! Just look at those huge forearms/idlers😆

• Haha 1

Hi StephMarb,

A famous and iconic subject, but little seen.
I really like their look, and the chain they used to wear on the back is "cool", so thick and heavy...
I want to make one of these, but the Tamiya kit is too expensive in my opinion for the "extras" it offers, I have it in my sights, if one day I see it at a reasonable price.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

13 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi StephMarb,

A famous and iconic subject, but little seen.
I really like their look, and the chain they used to wear on the back is "cool", so thick and heavy...
I want to make one of these, but the Tamiya kit is too expensive in my opinion for the "extras" it offers, I have it in my sights, if one day I see it at a reasonable price.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

If you get the chance absolutely grab one, the kit almost snapped together. This is the non motorized kit which saved some cash and If I'm remembering right I got this one off of ebay. I've seen a few on there from time to time for a reasonable price, so fingers crossed one comes along and you're able to grab it.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2022 at 3:37 PM, Bertie Psmith said:

y4mq7Itmbneo_nlMLm-m7sK0KX-DHUbQpbwkFAmA

Here's your Asterix! Just look at those huge forearms/idlers😆

Absolutely! I really love how dalek-y it looks- I have plans on making a mountain climbing version of this tank at some point, I'll be sure to hide a little asterix somewhereVvijoNHdNedpVs2aZ5NiIrZmPy5lnCVKhK0Z0lom

• Like 2

@ThreatLvlMidafternoon Thanks! For the base colors I just used what tamiya called for - so the sandy yellow is a 2:1 mix of XF-59 and XF-60, the green is XF-58, and the red/brown is XF-9, but I also added some different tones to make sure each color wasn't completely uniform. The dark grey outline was hand painted in with some sort of dark grey vallejo, I wish I could remember the exact paint, sorry about that.

Good luck with the build! I'm curious to see how it turns out

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StephMarb said:

@ThreatLvlMidafternoon Thanks! For the base colors I just used what tamiya called for - so the sandy yellow is a 2:1 mix of XF-59 and XF-60, the green is XF-58, and the red/brown is XF-9, but I also added some different tones to make sure each color wasn't completely uniform. The dark grey outline was hand painted in with some sort of dark grey vallejo, I wish I could remember the exact paint, sorry about that.

Good luck with the build! I'm curious to see how it turns out

Awesome thanks for the info! 

• Like 1