Tamiya 1/72 Mosquito

I finished this one last year, and it was one of my first models since coming back to the hobby.  It was one of the first ones I had on my list because I've always loved the Mosquito.  I plan to build another in a larger scale with a lot more detailing, but the Tamiya kit was pretty well made, in my opinion.  The whole thing was painted in Tamiya paints and then weathered with Abteilung oils.  I still have to do something with the base, though.  Needs a bit more grass or something...

StX3dJA.jpg

4ZQbIn6.jpg

N0Uyjtb.jpg

UrDhvtg.jpg

nj4m0J2.jpg

ifHCctW.jpg

M3PpBDa.jpg

• Like 48
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, stever219 said:

@Dave Swindell  thought that the “quarter-lights” either side of the windscreen could be opened to provide some degree of forward view if the windscreen was badly damaged or obscured.  As you say though the main side panels were fixed.

Yes, you're right Steve, the quarterlights do slide back on the FB Mosquito's (hinged to swing inboard on the bomber) to give a clear view if the windscreen is obscured for any reason, however I was thinking of access to the cockpit.

In good old Blue Peter fashion, here's one I did earlier with the quarterlights open and the escape hatch removed

20201126-093606.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dave Swindell said:

Yes, you're right Steve, the quarterlights do slide back on the FB Mosquito's (hinged to swing inboard on the bomber) to give a clear view if the windscreen is obscured for any reason, however I was thinking of access to the cockpit.

In good old Blue Peter fashion, here's one I did earlier with the quarterlights open and the escape hatch removed

20201126-093606.jpg

Thanks @Dave Swindell I thought I’d seen that somewhere.  I want to try replicating it on my 1/24th Mosquito.  When it comes to entry and egresss I certainly wouldn’t want to try squeezing through those side panels; the normal hatches are snug enough, even without flying kit and a parachute!😂😂

Thanks for all the replies so far!  I really enjoyed building this one.  And yes, I realized a while ago that the open hatch isn't correct.  Last time I use photos of another model from the internet as reference when I build something!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...