(On Deck) G.W.H 1/48 Northrop P-61B Black Widow

I've already built two straight American aircraft, so logically I should build one more.  My next task will be the lady in the dark herself, Great Wall Hobby's (or Lion Roar's take your pick) 1/48 Northrop P-61B Black Widow.  It looks very nice so far, there are some problematic sink marks and small amounts of flash but generally a good looking kit and we'll see how the build goes.spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

That cockpit looks great, well worth posting.

I did one of these a couple of years back, I really enjoyed it and found the kit a good one.  The lower gun assembly was problematic for me - not unusual for me to have problems like that - but otherwise it went together well. There are [apparently] shape problems with the cowls, spinners and props but not enough to have bothered me, nonetheless it’s a solid kit of a fascinating aircraft.  I will do another one day, an olive drab ETO airframe to match the all black Iwo Jima already built.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Of Models & Monsters said:

I have now painted and just about assembled the interior.

Gidday, I did this aircraft a few years ago, but the Airfix version in 1/72 scale. She didn't have the detail of yours though. And as the box art says, I believe this aircraft scored the last aerial kill of the war, although the crew weren't credited with it as they didn't fire their guns. The Japanese aircraft crashed into the sea while taking evasive action.

I'll look forward to seeing this come together. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...