Not the Subaru you were expecting to see - Aoshima Star Kebab Move Terrace - ++Open For Business++

psdavidson

Since I started the VW van, I got to thinking that the processes for this one are very similar.

It mostly involves paint and decals, although there's a bit more detail on the insides here.

Without further ado I give you

Kebab

the Aoshima Star Kebab Move Terrace

This is the same sprue shot as the VW. The Subaru are the first block on the "drying rack"

Sunday

FYI, no chrome plating was harmed for this build as there were none in the box.

This kit has both decals and "papercraft"

Decals

(The Eggplane Girls are for the VW)

Main painting work can only be undertaken at weekends as the workbench doubles as my office during the week, but I should be able to crack on with some of the sub-assemblies between now and Friday afternoon.

Concurrentl builds!. I must be totally loopy :frantic:

More soon(ish)

/P

• Like 12

On 6/14/2022 at 11:07 AM, Jinxman said:

Kebab van on a Friday night after a few beers - yum yum! :clap:

And with my usual luck it would be food poisoning on Saturday! I remember when I moved down to the South Wales Valleys 40 odd years ago I saw a Public Health survey on local takeaways and in many cases it was frightening - hopefully they are a lot better now.

Pete

• Haha 3

On 6/14/2022 at 11:07 AM, Jinxman said:

Kebab van on a Friday night after a few beers - yum yum! 

3 hours ago, PeterB said:

food poisoning on Saturday!

I must have got lucky, and I've eaten in some iffy places after a "few" beers :cheers:

Maybe the alcohol was enough to drown the dodgy stuff.

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get some decent bench time today and cracked on with the kebab truck

Masked the body and gave it a few blasts of Tamiya X8

Wip

Masking off, doean't look too bad

Wip

Got most of the rest of the bulk painting done

Wip

So, onward with the detail painting then assembly can begin

More soon(ish)

/P

• Like 7

Progress

We have a chassis

Sunday

and a cockpit

Sunday

and a (rather unappealing looking) kebab, at least if you're not on the way home from the pub on Friday night

Sunday

I now need to clearcoat the body then start applying decals before it all goes together.

That will need to wait until next weekend, so it's off to mix up some paint for the VW 

More soon(ish)

/P

• Like 9

Stickers have been stuckered

Stickered

They've now had a first slosh with MicroSol. I still need to do the red stripes on the canopies.

I did a bit of test fitting while I was working. I should have checked this earlier 😧

There are 2 or 3 of the big holes in the body which are not used for this design, but they will be visible :angry:

Since there are decals left over, I may just try to plonk them over the holes to cover them up.

More soon(ish)

/P

• Like 7

welcome along...again with another awesome choice!!

I saw this one the other day as I was skimming through all the builds, I love it!!! :thumbsup:  Great to see subjects like this, something you never see in the majority of GB's.

The work so far is awesome, I love the Doner kebab, it's making me feel hungry already!

Plus i love the decals!! :D

• Like 1

On 6/15/2022 at 6:00 PM, PeterB said:

And with my usual luck it would be food poisoning on Saturday! I remember when I moved down to the South Wales Valleys 40 odd years ago I saw a Public Health survey on local takeaways and in many cases it was frightening - hopefully they are a lot better now.

Pete

I had a nice place opposite my work when I was in one of the colourful parts of Leeds - turned out it had a 0 health rating! The 'lamb' schwarma was nice though 😳

Looks like an interesting build, seen this kit advertised a few times but never yet seen anyone actually build one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Started the final run to bring it all together

Saturday

Saturday

There are 3 or 4 decals to go on the windscreen and I still need to do the red stripes on the canopies

Once they are done, I'll insert the insides and attach the chassis. then it's off to the gallery to sell some kebabs

More soon(ish)

/P

• Like 5

• psdavidson changed the title to Not the Subaru you were expecting to see - Aoshima Star Kebab Move Terrace - ++Open For Business++

I really enjoyed buidling this kit. It went together with little fuss, although it still needs a bit of fettling to get the chassis inserted properly.

If you're building a kit of this type, there are holes in the body where the vending machines and signs are located.

Since the body is used for many different kits, some of the holes are not needed. Check the instructions and find out which ones can be filled before you do the painting.

It's not my best build, there are things I'd do differently, but it's been FUN :party:

I now have the urge to track down some of the many different variations to add to the stash

A few extra pics that are not in the gallery

Open for business

Open for business

Open for business

and just in case it's not obvious who is behind the counter in that last pic, here's the catering staff

Open for business

You may want to go to the greasy burger van instead :)

Thanks to everyone for your likes and comments, and even just for looking 👓

And big thanks to @trickyrich and @helios16v forthe GB.

Back soon(ish) with the rest of the Egg Girls VW

/P

• Like 12

Can I have a Kebab with the lot & BBQ and Chilli sauce please???  :eat:

What an awesome build, just the sort of unusual thing you want to see in a GB to help break the monotony of the more common subject. 

I do hope you enjoyed the build, it was great you could join us with all your wonderful and interesting builds.

I could actually go a Kebab now, even this early in the morning!!

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, trickyrich said:

I do hope you enjoyed the build, it was great you could join us with all your wonderful and interesting builds

Thanks Rich

You'll maybe have noticed by now that I don't model to any specific genre or scale, just whatever graps my attention in the shops or online.

I'm glad I could contribute something a little different

oh, and 

Banannnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

/P

• Like 3

12 hours ago, psdavidson said:

You'll maybe have noticed by now that I don't model to any specific genre or scale, just whatever graps my attention in the shops or online.

I'm glad I could contribute something a little different

It's people like you that make these GB's such fun...keep you the great and unusual builds! :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1