M38 Miles Messenger.

A totally new experience for me with this Pavla 1/72 Miles messenger. Made for a Miles aircraft enthusiast friend of mine (who has flown in this aircraft).
My first exposure to 1- resin parts, 2- Pavla kits, 3- metal parts. 
Not a very easy kit to build with adjustments needed from shortening the middle fin, & remaking flap hinges to thinning the fuselage sides so the cockpit actually fits!

Also you need to make your own exhaust and gear struts.

A couple of useful threads on here helped me along. KIN small. by @TEXANTOMCAT and G-AKBO by @Army_Air_Force 

From this experience I’ve concluded I’m not a huge fan of resin, hate vac form canopy and Pavla are to be avoided. 
So here she is. 
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 22

Your timing is slightly unfortunate as KP have recently released three boxings of an all new Injection-moulded Messenger. That being said your Pavla Messenger has turned out very nicely.

• Like 2

It's a tricky little model to build, but you should be happy with it. It may not be perfect and mine wasn't either. Give it a few days, look at it on a shelf instead of up close and I'm sure you'll see a nice little colourful representation of the original.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sergei said:

Your timing is slightly unfortunate as KP have recently released three boxings of an all new Injection-moulded Messenger. That being said your Pavla Messenger has turned out very nicely.

Thanks, I may look at one of them for myself.

18 hours ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Super work very well done! A great finish on a tricky kit 👍

Thank you, its not the easiest.

18 hours ago, Army_Air_Force said:

It's a tricky little model to build, but you should be happy with it. It may not be perfect and mine wasn't either. Give it a few days, look at it on a shelf instead of up close and I'm sure you'll see a nice little colourful representation of the original.

Thanks, I just hope my friend likes it.

17 hours ago, Wulfman said:

A lovely rendition , great modelling !

Wulfman

Thank you.

15 hours ago, Pete Robin said:

Looks good to my eyes. Nicely done.

Regards

Pete

15 hours ago, Maginot said:

Wrestled that one into a good job.

Thank you both.

• Like 1

I'm in the process of building the KP kit and so far it's not too bad

.  Some will slate the kit but it's worth having if you like these types of subjects as I do.

• Like 4

Love the subjects, but, please, by anyone but KP !!

Just built their "all new" Cessna Bobcat/Crane, and found it a less than enjoyable build.

Perfectly  at home with short run kits, Amodel, Anigrand, Classic Airframes, Fly, and the like, so they provide  little fear.

Nevertheless, poor fit, clumsily arranged sprue gates, out of register and fragile decals has turned me right off KP kits.

Sorry, this isn't the place to criticise the kit maker, it's the place to admire a well turned out model of an aircraft I remember well from spotting days at Denham airfield.

My apologies for the thread drift.

Rog

• Like 2