Renault Estafette "Banania"

Here is the first Heller 1/24 Renault Estafette of hopefully a small batch I want to build. It took several years for the kit to actually appear after it was announced; but when it did appear it's actually a very good kit overall. Although the feature of moulded in windows in clear body panels I find quite annoying, adding problems to masking and painting. There are a few other details that can also be improved, but everything fits together really well and it was mostly a joy to build it.

This one is built as a later style 1973 model almost straight OOB except for some minor tweak and detail added and the Banania decals from MotoBitz. The body paint is automotive lacquer spray decanted and airbrushed. There is a WIP-thread to be found here.

EB1.jpg

EB2.jpg

EB3.jpg

EB4.jpg

EB5.jpg

EB6.jpg

EB7.jpg

EB8.jpg

EB9.jpg

EB10.jpg

EB11.jpg

• Like 32

Absolutely lovely model again Jörgen, really clean build, excellent paint and decalling, with the sheen on the paint looking just right!

Really enjoyed watching it come together in your w.i.p. thread and looking forward to the next one! :)

Top work all round!

Keith

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Absolutely lovely model again Jörgen, really clean build, excellent paint and decalling, with the sheen on the paint looking just right!

Really enjoyed watching it come together in your w.i.p. thread and looking forward to the next one! :)

Top work all round!

Keith

Thanks a lot Keith! I'm happy with sheen of the paint as I, once again, wanted to build a car in nice condition.

5 hours ago, Marco F. said:

Superb!!!!!

fantastic RFI photos.

Marco F 

Thanks a lot Marco, looking forward to see your build in the future.

4 hours ago, Vesa Jussila said:

Looks perfect again. It is always pleasure see your builds.

Thanks a lot Vesa, glad you like them.

1 hour ago, PhilX said:

A splendid built ... 😍

Thanks a lot Phil!

56 minutes ago, Malc2 said:

That looks fantastic, what is it about small vans with signwriting that is so appealing?

Do you know if the original was sign painted or used coloured vinyl stickers?

Malc.

You´re absolutely right Malc, there is something special with them, there are so many possibilities.

I have no idea if they were painted on or stickers in this period, and to be honest I don't even know if this version of the Banania logo is period correct for a 1973 model of the van...

Another cracking job. Mine will be the earlier variant with the mesh grille. I see a brass grille is available but not sure if it's worth it. I also want to convert to RHD, Don't know how much of a faff that will be. At least we all know now how it goes together. Top marks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, klubman01 said:

Another cracking model.  Bravo!

Trevor

Thanks a lot Trevor for your kind praise.

5 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Very cool build and up to your usual high standards! I like the colour combo, looks great.

Many thanks Jeroen. The colours work quite well together. I was afraid both would be on the dark side first.

4 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Another cracking job. Mine will be the earlier variant with the mesh grille. I see a brass grille is available but not sure if it's worth it. I also want to convert to RHD, Don't know how much of a faff that will be. At least we all know now how it goes together. Top marks.

Thanka a lot. Yes, I wanted to know how well it goes together and looks, before doing more advenced work. The early version is far better looking for sure. I haven't seen any photo etch grilles available yet, so can't comment on that (do you have a link?), but the Heller plastic look a bit coarse.

17 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

And I'll agree with all the comments above. It looks great.

Many thanks Pete, glad you like it.

• Like 1

Extraordinary finish on this "Estafette", very clean and neat painting job. 👍

The slogan for the Banania product in my childhood was "Banania, du ressort pour la journée" ( what we could translate in "Banania, spring for the day", what explain the picture below. I don't know if "spring" can be use to mean "great shape" )

52152734003_ea28439257_c.jpg

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, desert falcon said:

That‘s a fantastic looking little van with an impeccable finish !! Very well done Jörgen 👍 

Thanks a lot, glad you like it!

4 hours ago, CrazyCrank said:

Extraordinary finish on this "Estafette", very clean and neat painting job. 👍

The slogan for the Banania product in my childhood was "Banania, du ressort pour la journée" ( what we could translate in "Banania, spring for the day", what explain the picture below. I don't know if "spring" can be use to mean "great shape" )

Thank you very much. Maybe Banania is what I'm supposed to drink in the morning to be in better shape than I am then... 😎

45 minutes ago, Viking said:

That is really lovely, it oozes character and charisma. Beautifully built and a real pleasure to look at.

Cheers

John

Many thanks John for your kind words!

• Like 1