1/48 ICM BQM-34A Firebee

Gday all.

I haven't had much output this year so opted for some low hanging fruit to get some enthusiasm going. This come from the two in one boxing of the Firebee kit from ICM, a mate built one of them and then gave me the other to build. That was three weeks ago and this is about a days worth of work. It's a really easy kit with maybe a dozen parts. The new ICM decals are fiddly to use so be patient and use lots of water when placing them. I wouldn't recommend using any setting solution when laying them down as they won't want to move if you do. This proved to be the case when my mate built his and wanted to do it up in this scheme. He tried using the mission markings only to have them to stick almost instantly in their position. Hence why I've only got half of the misison markings as Keith used them in his first attempt.

All the paints are Tamiya lacquers and the panel wash was from AK??? The satin varnish is from VMS whose stuff I have come to love over the past 12 months. Their flat coat is DEAD flat.

Here's the finished product, I need to make a more appropriate stand as this one was knocked up with a bit of brass rod and box square.

Cheers,

Mick

IMG20220612131201-01.jpg

IMG20220612131220-01.jpg

IMG20220612131246-01.jpg

IMG20220612131256-01.jpg

IMG20220612131339-01.jpg

IMG20220612131405-01.jpg

IMG20220612131525-01.jpg

• Like 26

Nice Firebee! I'm building a number of drones in 1/72. One is a BQM-34 like this one, three KDA-1's, a KDA-4, two much smaller BQM-74 Chukar and two equally small AQM-37 Jayhawk. I like drones a lot!

Yours has been finished superbly, well done.

Terry

15 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Nice Firebee! I'm building a number of drones in 1/72. One is a BQM-34 like this one, three KDA-1's, a KDA-4, two much smaller BQM-74 Chukar and two equally small AQM-37 Jayhawk. I like drones a lot!

Yours has been finished superbly, well done.

Terry

Thanks Terry.

They are a simple build for sure. I've got a Reaper and Predator done and now this one. I like the look of the Armahobby? UAV helicopters too. There's quite a selection of drone/UAV's in the modelling market to build now. You selection sounds interesting, I haven't heard of some of them!

Cheers, 

Mick

10 hours ago, vytautas said:

What a charming smile! :)

Vytautas

I agree. It's looks almost too polite to shoot down!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2