Humbrol Enamels are back

Black Knight

That's awesome news.

I hope they fixed some of the quality issues while they reformulated the enamels. I wonder when they will be available around the world, US seemed to be suffering the "The old stock is legal there so we will to sell it first" problem.

Of course I can be wrong and they could rush to replace the old stock and accept the cost of such move to avoid further tarnishing of the company image...

Edited by Casey

A couple of points to note.

They are listing 86 colours of which only 28 are actually in stock - it will be Autumn before the full range is available again.

Those 86 colours represent the full enamel range that will be kept in production. Prior to the MEKO problem the enamel range was probably double that number but Humbrol have decided to severely reduce the range.  Most of the discontinued enamel colours will be re-formulated as acrylics and be available later this summer in a much bigger Humbrol Acrylic range.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, rod mcq said:

A couple of points to note.

They are listing 86 colours of which only 28 are actually in stock - it will be Autumn before the full range is available again.

Those 86 colours represent the full enamel range that will be kept in production. Prior to the MEKO problem the enamel range was probably double that number but Humbrol have decided to severely reduce the range.  Most of the discontinued enamel colours will be re-formulated as acrylics and be available later this summer in a much bigger Humbrol Acrylic range.

Well, that sucks. I hate acrylics. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lasermonkey said:

Well, that sucks. I hate acrylics. 

I like them both (and also oil paints!) just for various reasons. I do share a very strong negative opinion of about Humbrol acrylics implementation.

To reverse that - if I was introduced to enamels through Humbrols of recent, I would have a very strong negative opinion of then too...