Hello from Denver!

StephMarb

Hi everyone, happy to be here!

After a bit of a pause from modeling as a kid, I recently got the itch to start building again. I caught the bug from my brother, who loves to build aircraft, so to be different I've focused on 1:35 scale armor (or should I say armour on this site?), especially anything strange or unusual looking. I like anything from the 1920-1930s when designers were all trying to one up each other with increasingly ridiculous designs before they settled on the conventional layout we see now, but I'm not very picky and I'll build a bit of anything.

Lately though I've been wanting to branch out into creating dioramas and sci-fi/star wars builds so if you have any recommendations for resources/kits to check out I would love to hear them. I'm definitely excited to learn from everyone and to get some good advice on how I can improve - the work on this forum is really impressive and I'm hoping to get up to that standard soon.

That's all for now, thanks everyone!

Hello StephMarb … :post1: from a bit North east of you in Chicago. Im mostly a military aircraft builder myself, however I do occasionally venture into Sci-fi. I recommend Bandai Star wars kits they virtually fall together. They come in multiple scales from 1/48th to very small for things like star destroyer's. Most are either 1/72 or 1/144 though. They're so well engineered that the actually don't need glue. They use a press fit with pins & sockets design though Tamiya extra thin will work if you choose to glue them. 

Dennis

2 hours ago, StephMarb said:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

@Corsairfoxfouruncle I've had my eye on a few of those Bandai kits but I've never pulled the trigger because I wasn't sure what the quality would be like. I'll be sure to get one or two now, thanks for the rec!

Hobby lobby carries a little selection, they sometimes offer up to 40% off models. Might be worth checking out if you want to try Bandai. 

Here are my last three bandai kits. X-wing & Y-wing are 1/144 and the AT/ST is 1/48. lwNrB7d.jpg

ddbcWFb.jpg

Modified to be a captured Rebel long distance scout with extra sensors and stowage. 

HCMvF9L.jpg

My next one I will attempt to modify into an AT/DP from the “Rebels” tv series. FuiVoPy.png