1/48 Gaspatch Me163B Komet

It's been some time since I posted anything in RFI, as I kind of lost the plot with model-building.

Gaspatch to the rescue with their 1/48 Me163B. Really enjoyed the experience.

IX4C19h.jpg

1L9qrNBl.jpg

6CdmKCgl.jpg

oxox9nwl.jpg

SykdCxyl.jpg

I went a bit overboard with the fuselage mottle, but that serves me right for taking too much time off 😀

dVMFfFbl.jpg

Thanks for looking

mike

IDxnkWd.jpg

• Like 35

Really nice work Mike - some very tidy paintwork, especially the mottling... :wink: :)

6 hours ago, mitchem said:

as I kind of lost the plot with model-building.

Tell me about it, my Falklands comp thing has been ready for paint for about 2 months now and I just can't get motivated....

Kracking Komet though!

Keith

• Like 1

On 6/12/2022 at 5:01 PM, billn53 said:

Those Gaspatch Komets are true gems! I really need to get mine out of the stash.

You're right! Get it out and combine it with their new Scheuch Schlepper . (Gaspatch were obviously waiting for me to finish the Me163B before they released the recovery vehicle 😁)

On 6/12/2022 at 10:40 PM, keefr22 said:

Really nice work Mike - some very tidy paintwork, especially the mottling... :wink: :)

Tell me about it, my Falklands comp thing has been ready for paint for about 2 months now and I just can't get motivated....

Kracking Komet though!

Keith

Thanks Keith. You've got 8 days left to the competition and I've got faith in you. (Lucky for us that Ken finished his Neptune in Dutch colours, but the way he's been knockin' models out recently, he could probably have finished another squadron in the same time. The man is a machine, I tell you ! 🧐 )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think the paint job on the fuselage is quite nice and dramatic.  By that time in the war, I don't think any reasonable scheme could be discounted as things were thrown together and put into combat as soon as possible.  From actual field experience, sometimes you just paint with just what you got to get what you desperately need right now.  I think the little Komet looks great!!  I have always wondered how well a Gas Patch model goes together.  Your example shows it can be made quite nicely.