Something a bit unusual at my local yesterday

upnorth

Yesterday afternoon,  I took a walk to the Medlánky airport which is not far from my flat.

In the main, the airport is focused on glider operations. However, yesterday the national police had one of their EC-135 helicopters parked there when I arrived and I managed this nice lift off sequence not long after:

2R7lFlu.jpg

qXzHniN.jpg

Zm0IvjR.jpg

LaFCp7n.jpg

Helicopters are VERY unusual at this airport and I think they were using it a base to do some aerial search from. after the helicopter lifted of, it stayed visible while flying very slowly and methodically over an adjacent district of the city and some of the hills around the airport.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Thanks for sharing. The blue is stunning. 

Thanks,

I agree entirely about the blue. I've been up close to the national police EC-135s and that blue is a lovely metallic sapphire shade that's accented perfectly by the grey trim and red in the registration code.

It's a lovely paint scheme all around.

• Like 1

As it turns out, the helicopter was involved in a search. According to the local news today, a woman went missing on Friday afternoon while out for a walk. The helicopter was searching the general area where her mobile signal was last picked up.

Fingers crossed for a positive outcome.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Super photos!  Thanks for sharing them!

I must say that, apart from the subject, I'm impressed by the solar panels visible on the roofs in the background!   At least, I *think* that's what they are!

Jonny

On 6/21/2022 at 5:59 PM, Jonny said:

Super photos!  Thanks for sharing them!

I must say that, apart from the subject, I'm impressed by the solar panels visible on the roofs in the background!   At least, I *think* that's what they are!

Jonny

That's exactly what they are. All the hangar buildings at that airport have solar panels covering the roofs.