Fleet Air Arm Sea Vixen

James K

What are the good, bad, indifferent and best model Sea Vixens in 1/72 scale (I don't want to do 1/48 scale)  I've seen Revell, Frog, Chematic and some eastern european models which have had mixed reviews on You Tube.

I's like to build the complete collection of post war 1/72 scale FAA aircraft.

To make your choice easy: Revell (90s boxing) and Chematic are from the ex-Frog mould, as very likely are the East European ones (possibly including ZYS/Plastyk). The recent Revell is a reboxed Cyberhobby I think. Apart from that, IIRC there was also one from Hannant’s kit brand ( whose name I am having a very senior moment on right now) which comes from the Czech Republic. I haven’t followed the discussion in detail but apparently many people consider the CH the worst - unless I am mixing it with their Sea Venom. 

Have a look at my answer to your question in the New Members section.

29 minutes ago, tempestfan said:

IIRC there was also one from Hannant’s kit brand ( whose name I am having a very senior moment on right now) which comes from the Czech Republic.

Xtrakit - Hannants have some second hand:

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/XK72003?result-token=BUNnp  - which has a link to a review at Hyperscale

Also Hannants show the Special Hobby kit as a future release

Mark

• Thanks 1

On 12/06/2022 at 12:03, tempestfan said:

To make your choice easy: Revell (90s boxing) and Chematic are from the ex-Frog mould, as very likely are the East European ones (possibly including ZYS/Plastyk). The recent Revell is a reboxed Cyberhobby I think. Apart from that, IIRC there was also one from Hannant’s kit brand ( whose name I am having a very senior moment on right now) which comes from the Czech Republic. I haven’t followed the discussion in detail but apparently many people consider the CH the worst - unless I am mixing it with their Sea Venom. 

Thanks for all the advice

On 12/06/2022 at 12:31, Mark Harmsworth said:

Have a look at my answer to your question in the New Members section.

Xtrakit - Hannants have some second hand:

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/XK72003?result-token=BUNnp  - which has a link to a review at Hyperscale

Also Hannants show the Special Hobby kit as a future release

Mark

Thanks, most hlepful.

• Like 1