1/72 stores for Skyraider 52673 of 4407 CCTS, 1 SOW

k5054nz

Hi all,

A friend has gifted me the Revell boxing of the classic 1/72 AD-5/A-1E Skyraider and I'd like to model 52673 as included in the instructions (the same aircraft is an option in the Matchbiox 1/48 kit).

In the Detail and Scale book it's stated none of the drop tanks are correct, so what do I need to a) replace the kit parts and 2) equip it for a mission? I'd like to use at least some of those chunky, moulded-on pylons!

Thanks in advance!

For tanks, you could liberate the Aero tanks from a Fujimi Skyhawk.

I believe the SEA decal option of that kit is not an in theatre bird, but one from a training unit at Hurlburt Field, Florida. 

This site might provide some useful pointers.

Cheers,

Andre

Edited by Hook
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, k5054nz said:

Hi all,

A friend has gifted me the Revell boxing of the classic 1/72 AD-5/A-1E Skyraider and I'd like to model 52673 as included in the instructions (the same aircraft is an option in the Matchbiox 1/48 kit).

In the Detail and Scale book it's stated none of the drop tanks are correct, so what do I need to a) replace the kit parts and 2) equip it for a mission? I'd like to use at least some of those chunky, moulded-on pylons!

Thanks in advance!

Zac,

These might help. From a trip in 2019 to the National Museum of the USAF. This is a representation of Maj. Bernie Fishers aircraft I believe.

IMG_3210 IMG_3208 IMG_3206

At least these will get you close.

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

• Thanks 1

It s not a representation of Major Fishers aircraft, it is the aircraft he was flying when he rescued the other pilot and received the Medal of Honour.

Edited by Robin-42
  • Like 1