1/12 Revell Harley Davidson

Have started a new thread for a build I started 9 years ago!!! Seems I cant post on the old thread. Well I have begun work on this again, some minor assembling and a bit of painting done today - What is the go to these days for removing chrome / paint from plastic, it seems fairy power spray is not made anymore, at least not the one I recall. 

Not sure why I went for that green, but it will have to stay now

Thanks Wayne

IMG_20220611_203020 IMG_20220611_203023 IMG_20220611_203045 IMG_20220611_203722

• Like 3

10 hours ago, wkennerley said:

What is the go to these days for removing chrome / paint from plastic, it seems fairy power spray is not made anymore, at least not the one I recall. 

I use Mr Muscle Oven cleaner. Works perfect! I put the parts in a plastic bag or container with lid. Spray on and leave for like 5-10 minutes. It goes on as foam. Rinse off - no more chrome! This is the one I use. 
https://www.mrmuscleclean.com/en-za/products/kitchen/mr-muscle-oven-cleaner

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dunderklumpen said:

I use Mr Muscle Oven cleaner. Works perfect! I put the parts in a plastic bag or container with lid. Spray on and leave for like 5-10 minutes. It goes on as foam. Rinse off - no more chrome! This is the one I use. 
https://www.mrmuscleclean.com/en-za/products/kitchen/mr-muscle-oven-cleaner

Brilliant thanks

8 hours ago, Marco F. said:

Okay ! Show us your old green Harley come together , I'm Interested. 

Marco F 

Will do thanks

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dunderklumpen said:

I use Mr Muscle Oven cleaner. Works perfect! I put the parts in a plastic bag or container with lid. Spray on and leave for like 5-10 minutes. It goes on as foam. Rinse off - no more chrome!

A second vote for this as the Mr Muscle Oven Cleaner also removes the varnish under the 'chrome', leaving you clean plastic to work with.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Natter said:

A second vote for this as the Mr Muscle Oven Cleaner also removes the varnish under the 'chrome', leaving you clean plastic to work with.

Thanks Natter, is there a post for your 1/32 Rolls-Royce please - I have a 1/32 Rolls-Royce (infact 2) on the go as well - I will sort out posts soon

Wayne

Thanks Natter,

So today was just some painting and putting together more smaller assemblies. I also got the chrome stripped, wow that oven cleaner is good! I will be buying a crate of it !! Tomorrow I need to get the front shocks and exhausts pipes sort of circular!! lots of filling and filing I think. Plus some chrome spraying, hope I have enough left for it all. Gotta sort out that fluff on the top box - Also need to find some sort of thread for the cables, I see I am missing whatever came in the kit

Wayne

IMG_20220612_230149

• Like 3

IMO, for cables, look at 30 AWG wire wrapping wire, Amazon do a real for £15 or so, which will last for ever, but is ideal for clutch, speedo, tacho and brake cables. 

11 hours ago, Mumbly said:

IMO, for cables, look at 30 AWG wire wrapping wire, Amazon do a real for £15 or so, which will last for ever, but is ideal for clutch, speedo, tacho and brake cables. 

Awesome I have acquired some thanks

Bit of a delay now as I don't like the green, both the colour and the finish and all those parts are now in paint stripper!! Cant seem to find the brown referenced in the kit, Revell 393 Antelope Brown, so now to find another colour.

While I wait for that I thought I would do another Electra Glide build, but a lot smaller - Not sure of the scale of this push together kit, possibly around 1/35

IMG_20220614_134843 IMG_20220614_134913 IMG_20220614_142610

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...