Dewoitine D.520 - Best set of drawings available?

Milos Gazdic

Hello,
I am probably looking like a major PITA with all my D.520 questions but I would love to hear the opinion of all the other people that are into Dewoitine on what is considered the best / most precise set of drawings for it?
I own:
_Docavia book - out of modeling scales and slightly out of date style of drawings but book is probably the most in depth researched book so far.
_Books International book - 1/72 scale, like Docavia features rivets, seems a bit more modern but does not show any differences between all the different series (subtle changes that were implemented on the go), showing "earlier" version with the shutter on the bottom position for the air outpost.
_DTU book - both 1/48 & 1/72. No rivet details. Slightly more modern feel to it than Docavia. No difference between production models. Shows later series with the fixed narrow air outpost on all three positions.
_Squadron Signal "French Fighters in action - Not modeling scale. Not very detailed (no starboard side & combined upper & lower projections. later model. simplified. Similar to DTU.
_Mushroom - 1/72 scale. Probably the most modern looking of all. Only earlier "series" with the shutter. Rivet details. 
_I am also awaiting the Kagero book. I expect the drawings in it to be of the technically most up to date style, and it has drawings in all three scales AFAIK, and as I've read it should show difference between early & later models but not sure if it shows those earliest machines too.
_I have found, while browsing internet a set of some (unknown origin) Polish drawings, but the source is unknown to me. Again not a modeling scale as I can understand based on the scan I found. They don't seem too modern but they seem decently done, showing some details more precisely, and nose of D.520 Nº02, prop... etc. There is "50-3/2-1975" marked in the corner of one of them. Anyone knows the original source of those based on what I wrote?
I am not fully able to comment on the precision of all these drawings but would love to hear an opinion from some of the experts like Waroff and similar.
Are there any other drawings existing of this type that would be recommended (preferably in 1/48 scale but anything can easily be rescaled).

_Waroff's Drawings - as suggested bu dragonlanceHR bellow & mentioned on few French forums too. Sadly I did not have a chance to check those up. 

Furthermore, to add to this question - I've read on few forums in posts dating 10 or more years ago about a CD that contained a walkaround of one of the restored machines. Does anyone has access to this CD? Is it still available for purchase?

Once again, sorry for bothering with so many questions dealing with a single aircraft. 

Best,
Milos

Edited by Milos Gazdic

Bok,
I've stumbled upon the mention of the drawings done by Waroff but never been able to see any of them on the whole internet until your extract above. 
I've seen the ADdHG scans and documents but didn't still dig deep to check how to access all that info there.
Hvala za info!
Milos

I drew at full scale from the original data only, every line or curve is conform to real. the accuracy reaches 1/10mm in full scale. vector file allows for any desired scale.
I'll send you a copy at 1/48, it's not quite finished

excerpt from work in progress last year.
engine center line is 1° left, the starboard wing fillet is wider than port side, guns are an offset and their  link ejection chute are on same side because the guns are lay on their left side, so they are no symmetrical.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by BS_w
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Man!!! this is incredible!!!
You should publish a book, I am 1000% sure everyone who likes D.520 would buy it! If people are buying Kagero books (I still do) and know of all the small omissions & mistake they make - I am sure this would sell as crazy when people know how deep you have dived into the subject!
Thank you for hard work on personal level & I guess in the name of all people interested in the most beautiful French fighter plane in WWII. 
Best,
Milos