F102A Delta Dagger (case xx)

Finish no3 for the year is Meng's F102A Delta Dagger (case xx). Been working on this one in the back round while doing the shiny Black Widow. Built OOB as an aircraft operated by 509th FIS from Adorn RTAFB in 1969, using my usual mix of Tamiya and Mr Hobby Colour acylics. Went together fairly well but I found that the colours that Meng recommend (only Vallejo) didn't look like the photos of the aircraft so I substituted Tamiya XF11 for the dark green instead of H304 and used the H304 as the light green instead of H464. The decals went down well except the large fuselage band which needed a lot of Mirocsol to conform to the shape and ripped in one of the corners.Light weathering with Flory Dark Dirt wash. The instructions also have the main undercarriage door actuator upside down in step 8 and the canopy doesn't fit well in the closed position. Otherwise straight forward build less the masking of the canopy for the sealant tape, not had to do this before. Now this one is done I can get back to the P61A, as usual all comment welcome.

yuCBVsxI_o.jpg

oxcen64J_o.jpg

ijE18yxE_o.jpg

i0kznGe9_o.jpg

kDpRoJfU_o.jpg

goL4m5Zr_o.jpg

koG55pHl_o.jpg

gQJlXsOL_o.jpg

Pl24z4Uk_o.jpg

1MWzQhUZ_o.jpg

A4nJmiso_o.jpg

AQ1Z9kfG_o.jpg

F6dtqAYg_o.jpg

33W2TCzK_o.jpg

6L51QyqB_o.jpg

Edited by neil5208
  • Like 34

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Pantherhawk27263 said:

Fine work on a fine plane! I keep flip flopping on whether to do my Meng Deuce in grey or camo. Of course, I also have the Monogram 1/48 kit, so I could do one in grey and one in camo. 

I would go small scale in grey and large in SEA. I almost changed to air superiority grey when the MENG colour instructions turned out to be wrong