Elvekonger

• 2 weeks later...

Progress stalled while a new floor was installed in my study, and at the same time I got promoted which has meant work has been busier than normal, so my energy and time for modelling has diminished. Nonetheless, I did manage to get a base coat of paint on last weekend, and last night found and ordered some figures who I hope might make suitable crew for the waterline versions.

52178664226_4f90e6f6a6_b.jpgUntitled by Jon Gwinnett, on Flickr

• Like 3

Gidday Jon, they look rather sleek ships. Will they all have the same figurehead or do you have others to substitute for them?

And that's a rather interesting desk ornament behind them.     Regards, Jeff.

Hmm, good question. I suspect the figureheads will depend whether paint gives them sufficient character or not. I can always claim the Jarl wanted all his fleet to look similar…

I presume you’re then referring to the gallows rather than the kona mitre box? I’ve subscribed for a kickstarter for a border reivers minis game, and a gallows seemed a suitable (if macabre) terrain piece. Rescue the captive sort of game.

• Like 1

Watching with interest.  Just came back from Norway and stumbled across this in a marina in Alesund.  They were all fabulous looking boats though hard to believe that they were as seaworthy as they must have been, given that freeboard.

DSC_0149

DSC_0148

DSC_0138

DSC_0134

DSC_0133

Particularly good job with the sails BTW :coolio:

Rob

• Like 6