Airbus A-320 D-ABDQ Eurowings Revell 1/144

Hello there!

Another one of my Airbus A-320 family.

This is experimental model for me and it has own little history.

So, it was about two years ago, when I started modelling. And once I've purchased Revell 1/144 kit. That time i was really about zero in theme, but I liked white plastic and noticed good connectivity of parts.

But all we know what usually our first models look like 🤦‍♂️

There were all possible mistakes and fat layer of paint and lacquer painted with usual brush. It was Air Astana livery first.

So, this terrible product of my model life activity stood on the shelve during long time. And once I've decided to make some experiment with reanimation of the model.

Engines, undercarriage and tail stabilisers were disconnected. All paint was removed using 646-solvent. 

Then I placed weight into nose part (oops, I've forgotten about it first time)

The model was covered with Decorix primer and painted with blue MAKR paint. 

Passenger and pilots windows were covered with putty and sanded. (I prefer to make transparent windows in any case, so I had great desire to keep windows transparent, but there was no other option - the plastic was completely dead, yellow and opaque. And I don't see the point in leaving a transparent cabin with a deaf cockpit)

The fuselage and wings were reassembled, the joints were removed, and the engines were repainted.

MAKR #16 yellow I've used for nose part. Gray colour for wings was mixed from Mr. Hobby #1 plus some Tamiya dark gray. I did not repaint the hot part of the engine and undercarriage - on closer inspection, it turned out that they were painted not much worse than I know how to paint them now.

The choice of livery was also approached "creatively" this time. Usually I like more classic and strict liveries. But today we have an experiment so let's add some craziness. 

I've chosen Eurowings special decal from PAS. 

Pledge Future was used as lacquer prior and after decals.  And one photo in before-after style you can find in the end, but I can't recommend it for people with a weak nervous system 😂

Respects, tMikha.

y4mM9eQa71T0nhW5bMvUeCmhSMDGq96RaC6JJ0Zc

y4mBaNR8Nq4Tc3tPIs2El3DZt6fZds-33yRSV0r4

y4morIjdgxZYeyK6xUQfErhFA_pck6949Ip0X3bV

y4mfCmbnkRGl06FhYv-xlnQJ5IoNsCCAzZFCD0u2

y4mGhXMknWKa9RVuB6S53EXlwex27K2Grv6jruAO

y4mvw7odq02uqhhGgfQ2Va3Yiu5FVw_RIeunDyAh

y4mFkw0A7oWydWWIuxqoCnz88OItWn92nVKcG10V

y4magBV92V1ktjoKy59Uw6EO-2LvdHIEqHNoj5qF

y4mUDRSBI7BdKwG_HnOXdzuaqaFPZ5c-C48OPBR7

y4mFYtNuu85BbWVtxW2Ot2-Y0Wb2jGoeP4jI7EVa

y4mbCoXqC-48_9dzK1TgnrbjIyJA7i6xt3wMIbdL

y4m5nq1_XO80ioGbRqWf7ENn8WtNjf_pmo5lLTnZ

y4m8AnV_ccwwAduUY5MjrwOBG1S92X6D6dF3HIUN

• Like 13

Nice refurbishment of this Airbus.

Its always a nice thing to give new life to an old model.

The Air Astana build doesnt look that bad.

Reading your text I expected something worse 😉

I did the same livery not long ago.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Alex1978 said:

Nice refurbishment of this Airbus.

Its always a nice thing to give new life to an old model.

The Air Astana build doesnt look that bad.

Reading your text I expected something worse 😉

I did the same livery not long ago.

Thank’s for feedback! 
I saw your “Europa park” livery Eurowings, based on the first Revell A-320 kit. It looks stuning! Interesting to watch the model that wears the same livery with my own 😀
And I’ve forgotten to say, there was no decal for windows frames in PAS decal-sheet. Very upsetting fact. But fortunatelly, I had another one decal for windows in new Revell kit. So I have made transparent windows for new model, and applied windows decal for this Airbus. 

• Like 1

Nice model but can I suggest you check the alignment of the windscreen decal? In the third photograph it looks a little lopsided. It's an easy mistake to make and an equally easy fix!

My wife and I flew from Edinburgh to Munich on the real aircraft in the summer of 2017. I remember the flight particularly because of the very fast taxying and what felt like a full power rolling take off. The aircraft was only about half full and we went up like a skyrocket. Great fun.

Here is a photo I took from the "cattle pen" just after boarding started

52137215350_f6d0f16d86_c.jpg

Dave G 🇺🇦

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

Nice model but can I suggest you check the alignment of the windscreen decal? In the third photograph it looks a little lopsided. It's an easy mistake to make and an equally easy fix!

My wife and I flew from Edinburgh to Munich on the real aircraft in the summer of 2017. I remember the flight particularly because of the very fast taxying and what felt like a full power rolling take off. The aircraft was only about half full and we went up like a skyrocket. Great fun.

Here is a photo taken from the "cattle pen" just after boarding started

52137215350_f6d0f16d86_c.jpg

Dave G 🇺🇦

Thank you for conment. 😀
Actually, I always prefer transparent windows. First it’s much more realistic, IMHO, and also there is a chance to apply decals askew. What I had done one more time 🤦‍♂️

This plane really looks very and very unusual. Though it’s the real photo, I can’t get rid of the impression that it’s model (in scale 1:1) with real ground-handling equipment around it!))))