Pinch tip for Ultra?

Melchy1914

Hi guys

I have a Harder & Steenbeck Ultra gravity feed brush to which i would like to fit a 'pinch tip'.It's annoying not to be able to see the needle when spraying. i'm looking for an affordable alternative to their own brand solutions (money just too tight at the moment),perhaps a generic one that would fit.Can anyone help?

You can't buy a generic one because you need the nozzle cap as well. The standard nozzle cap and needle guard are a single piece on the Ultra. If you want the two prong tip you'll have to get the Infinity set. It might feel expensive, but it's a part that will last you a lifetime. 

I've got a 0.4 pinch tip on my Ultra, transferred from my 2nd hand Evolution.  Easily the best tip for any H&S airbrush - it should be the standard on the whole range.

Thanks for the 'tips' guys.Sorry,couldn't help that one :)

@Mike: I had no intention of bodging anything.I want something that works. I had seen the item you linked to before but was a bit dubious about the push fit.Does it stand the test of time and repeated removal?

On a general note the solutions that i saw when i last looked were in the £30 range.At half the price i paid for the airbrush I thought that was quite a lot.Since funds are tight i was wondering if it might be better to get a better airbrush and start hinting at a combined Christmas present to friends and relatives ho ho ho!

As an Ultra owner/user I repeat: you need the whole Infinity nozzle and needle cap. Not just the needle cap. Unless H&S decided to do a full redesign on the Ultra front end, you still have the one piece part as standard. You can't take off the needle guard on it's own and just put another one in. So yes, you will need to spend somewhere in the 20-30 quid range if you want the pinch tip. I've had it on mine for years, it's definitely worth it. Alternatively you could get an entire set (needle, nozzle, nozzle cap, needle cap), sooner or later you'll need to replace the needle/nozzle and this way you get more for your money.