Ukraine Mig-29 with Ghost marking - Bort number?

dambuster

The media have recently carried a photo showing the nose of a Ukrainian Mig-29, with the ghost head marking and three kill markings. Can anyone confirm the bort number ( side number) for this aircraft?

The newly released ICM model has three options - 02 Blue (white outline), 19 White (blue outline), and 53 White (yellow outline).

The colour scheme appears to show that it is 19 White that should carry the ghost head & kill markings, but the camouflage pattern of the decals dose not match the published photograph.  It appears that each of the digital camouflage schemes is unique, so it should be possible to identify exactly which aircraft these markings were applied to. So far my search of available images has not come up with a positive match - however I have been able to discount several including 02 blue and 53 white.

So can anyone confirm that the aircraft with the markings was definitely 19 White and ICM just got the camouflage scheme wrong?

Peter

• 2 months later...
On 6/10/2022 at 10:03 AM, dambuster said:

but the camouflage pattern of the decals dose not match the published photograph.

I fear there is also the danger of some discrepancy on the decal pattern in this respect...
cant be exactly correct for all 3 bord numbers, , no?

10 hours ago, DLinevitch said:

Thanks, the nose pattern confirms 19 white…. The next question is did it have the large tail number, or the small one which seems to have been the later version?