Old Revell mustang?

Bozothenutter

1 hour ago, Bozothenutter said:

Anybody remember the white box with an oval picture on it?

Possibly 1/48

The white box with oval was a standard design, as  the links show

1067759-30596-72-1080.jpg

Which is the infamous 72nd kit noted for not really looking like a Mustang (as the one belwoi shows)  and was still being punted ut by Revell in shiny boxes until quite recently...

194348-12192-91-pristine.jpg

the 2nd box is the 1/48th kit, part of a new range Revell  did in the late 70's when 1/48th picked up in popularity with both Airifx and Revell releasing ranges.  Airifx just did WW2 except for a Hawker Fury, until Airfix went bankrupt the first time in 1981. 

Revell did WW2, P-51D, p-40E, Spitfire Mk.II, and one of note the Bf109G-10,  first time the late war version were done with anything approaching accuracy,  and as had engraved panel lines, still reasonable now, B-17F 'Memphis bell', which was noted for being so close to the Monogram kit that you could interchange parts and caused a "don't let this happen again" from Monogram,   as well as a series of jets (MiG-21, A-10, F-104, Mig-25 are the ones I can remember, there were more) 

I never had the Revell P-51D,  so no idea how good it is.  

53 minutes ago, HansReggelsen said:

I found this one, albeit in 1/72 scale:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-h-47-p-51d-mustang--1067759

Cheers

Hans J

I unwittingly bought that kit once. Any resemblance to the P51D Mustang is merely coincidental.🤣

(Which is one way of avoiding paying a licence fee)

Edited by noelh
  • Haha 3