Heinkel 162 CCCP

Eis9

There is also such a version.

"In accordance with the accepted rules, Heinkel No 162A-2, which was tested in the USSR, was entirely painted silver-gray, with the exception of the leading edge of the air intake, which. it was probably red. The aircraft was marked with red stars, blue side numbers and the emblem of the LII."

There is a text in Russian, but perhaps Google will help with the translation.

Technical description of the Heinkel Ne 162 fighter.

Assuming it was painted with a VVS colour, then it might well be something from the list in the link here:

http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/colors/color-table.html

Something like 'AE-9' would be a good match, although that was only specified for metallic surfaces, which, given the amount of wood present on the 162, might preclude it.  

70.883 is indeed (by its title at least) a 'silver grey' colour, but I'm not sure if anyone could confirm whether it's an accurate match for the 162.

I would still be leaning more towards something like AE-9.  Hataka's VVS colours are generally pretty well regarded in terms of accuracy, so their AE-9 might be worth a look: 

https://www.hataka-hobby.com/en_US/p/HTK-A127-AE-9-Light-Grey/175

Quite possible, however the elevator is pretty dark on top, light on the lower side while the rudder's inside is as light/dark above the elevator as below the elevator (darker at the front, lighter to the rear).

But compare the top of the engine (lower pic) and fuselage around the wing root (and lower sides of the engine). Is all this dirt or soot or burnt paint? Or just poor Russian photography work?

How does the "dirt" pattern match that of German- or French-operated 162s?

(I have more questions than answers!)