Recommended 1/48 kits with the option to display electronic bays, radars etc

100SQN

Having just watched a review of the 1/48 Hobby Boss F/A-18E, I noticed that the kit gives you the option to display the electronic bays

This got me wondering 🤔

Which other 1/48 kits give you the option to have panels/radars etc opened up, without going down the aftermarket route ?

Any recommendations much appreciated

Simon

Trumpeter Su-24 allows to show the impressive radar,

https://www.modellversium.de/galerie/8-flugzeuge-modern/10004-suchoi-su-24m-fencer-d-trumpeter.html

KittyHawk Jaguar shows an electronic bay in the nose:

https://www.scalemodellingnow.com/aircraft-kittyhawk-jaguar-gr1gr3/2

24 minutes ago, 100SQN said:

Thanks for all your responses. That's my next few builds sorted 🙂

How about any F-4s or F-16s ?

Depends on what flavour of F-4.

I still prefer the old old Monogram tooling for the F-4D when considering cost, but the Academy and ZM kits are technically better in every respect its just the price difference... Though the old kit seems to have collector kit status now (((

There are many good after market open panels for the F-4 kits, and the F-16. I dont know of any OOB but that doesnt mean there arent any.

Verlinden Productions used to release several  Resins/Photo Etched for  avionics bays, engines, cockpits details for several aircrafts, tanks, trucks, cars, etc...

Nowadays BlackDog , Aires, Eduard, CMK, are some of the main producers for Resin/Photo Etched.

The things are changing in this World and new technologies are being discovered and offered,  like 3D detail parts, decal cockpits, etc...

Perhaps Revell will bring us some kits with its own 3D decals .

SouthViper from Brazil 

1 hour ago, Unfinished project said:

The Hasegawa A-7s have options for open bays on both sides of the fuselage. They look great when painted and weathered just a pit I made a complete dogs backend of the wing fold joint on both wings which brought the kit to a grinding halt. 

For the A-7 Corsair II , 1/48, Eduard has some PE sets for the Avionics Bays.

The Verlinden Prod. has that too, or had, and an fantastic radar detail set.

SouthViper from Brazil