Some Warhammer figures

Ratch

My son gave me these to paint up.

52126941468_981261256a_z.jpg

He doesn't want the Orks to have green skin, but normal flesh tones.
52132520724_6f95bb6009_z.jpg
He had planned to paint them in Napoleonic type uniform colours. We discussed this and I'll do the Orks in a variety according to their rank.
52132520689_cbba633201_z.jpg
The Space Marines will copy French uniforms (as they're basically blue) but with facings added, cuirasses and other bits.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Not really my thing, but they're very well painted. It must have taken quite some time.

Last week I did a delivery in Cambridge, next to the Warhammer shop, so popped in to have a look

On Saturday I was in Hull. With time to spare I dropped into the shop there.

Just nosing around and finding some very impressive colour schemes. I was also after some matt clear spray but they didn't have any.

I was interested in one of the diorama accessories, but what I wanted (A large pipeline) wasn't available separately. Ah well.

3 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

they're very well painted. It must have taken quite some time.

Thanks Pete, just around 3 hours work for each of the two days I've been on them. Nothing tomorrow, I'm bowling. Another shift on Friday :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Interesting point about the pipeline not being available. At one time, Games Workshop (who own the Warhammer brand) used to sell a myriad of parts from their wide range such as individual sprues from a kit, and metal parts. Gamers could buy these parts to create their own conversions, for example. But in recent years GW seem only to sell full kits, not individual sprues and so on like they did: I think that (unexplained) change of policy is a shame, as it limits kitbashing and converting.

10 hours ago, Ratch said:

These are almost done.
52202399283_3fc7572e5a_z.jpg
52201372957_d3014e4032_z.jpg
52202371836_f1335e108c_z.jpg
I shall finish them off after my holidays.

Liking the washes  on these  - really nice.

Erk.

• Thanks 1