Dynavector Sea Hornet NF21

After a gestation period of some twenty five years my Dynavector Sea Hornet has finally hit the deck. It was a very satisfying build once I got stuck in. Paints are Humbrol enamel and could be one of the last using such as my stocks are running low. I don`t know what I will end up using but I having used them for over fifty odd years I am not looking forward to finding a replacement! Suggestions welcome bearing in mind I use a hairy stick. Enough of that, I hope you like my efforts.

DSCF8855

DSCF8859

DSCF8856

DSCF8857

DSCF8858

DSCF8863

DSCF8860

DSCF8861

DSCF8862

DSCF8868

DSCF8864

DSCF8865

DSCF8866

That`s all folks!

Keith

• Like 48

That's a fine looking Sea Hornet Keith.

Both the build and the finish are superb.

I also like the subtle weathering you've applied to it.

I do miss the Dynavector range, as they had a number of really nice kits in their range. I built a few of them and I thoroughly enjoyed them all, although the Westland Wyvern was my favourite.

• Like 1

Very nice job indeed.

I do like Dynavector models. I have three 1/48th TSR2s in the loft and the detail for a vacform is amazing. Are they still going?

Graham

Thank you Graham. I think the gent responsible moved back to his native Japan and ceased production, such a shame. I know others on here know more and may well correct me if I am wrong.

Keith

Oo what a treat! Lovely build, I admire the clean even sheen you're able to get. It's great to be reminded what a high quality can be achieved 'in the old style' (and I don't mean that in any kind of derogatory way), with vacforms, hairy sticks and enamels. It's easy to be seduced by the plethora of paint brands, airbrushes, new fangled tools and techniques without sometimes asking why.

Have you considered colourcoats? 

• Like 1

Your results are amazing, Keith.  Especially for a vac kit.  Dynavector did a good job on the surface details.

I have models I've been "working on" for literal decades as well.  It's inspiring to see a long-running project brought to such a satisfactory conclusion.

• Like 1

What a beauty, that would put many an injection moulded kit to shame. Dynavector certainly produced some nice kits and you have done a great job of it.

Another vote for Sovereign Hobbies' Colourcoat range of enamel paints. You can find them here: https://www.sovereignhobbies.co.uk and @Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies is also active on Britmodeller so can answer any questions about the range you might have.

Duncan B

• Thanks 1

I am in the Same boat but spray!

Humbrol will be out again at the end of the year but apparently only in 80 odd colours I was told by a Model shop owner who was informed by the Humbrol sales people.

Nice work BTW. Nice to see a Vacform still being built!

• Like 1