***all 3 done***BBMF Spitfires x3 Diamond Jubilee Flypast

Did a a Bbmf 4 ship for the 2013 season couple years back, discovered I made an error and in fact their MkV was repainted the year previously, so a double in one build to do the correct scheme. 8.jpgA339-BA9-C-97-FC-417-C-B82-C-EEDEE2-C25-

Edited by PhantomBigStu

• PhantomBigStu changed the title to BBMF Spitfires Diamond Jubilee Flypast

Hoped to do some sanding today but it didn’t happen, have though dug out a spare pilot and repainted the bone dome white to represent the typical gear used by the Bbmf pilots, as well as a pilot for another quick build project started on whim tonight. DB0171-EF-D609-4131-85-A2-7-A0-B81053-A5

• Like 2

Hope the mods don’t mind if the mustang appears as well in this thread, tried to find a direct jubilee related scheme ans failed, but it certainly will be indirectly related as an airforce of a country still recognising the Crown as Sovereign

• Like 1

Did a load of sanding on the spit, and whilst I was waiting for some superglue filler to dry I started the other spit. Tried out the Ak pru blue I’ve acquired and disappointed how dark it is compared to the real thing and the Xtracrylix I’ve overpainted around the intake area FF7-E234-B-CBCA-456-A-BEA3-D96207-D938-B 288-DFD73-7-AED-4-F1-A-A1-AF-FB64-C3-BC8

• Like 1

Not very happy, what with the heat and stuff didn’t get much done except the props on the v and 51 and the underside of the later only to break the canopy on it cleaning off sanding residue, fitted the fractionally larger airfix spare and hopefully I can sand it in ok in time. 8-EBD13-B8-0-F4-D-4-E84-A3-B5-90-BCB7-D6

• Like 4

Had a mare with the exhausts, ruined both the HB ones but also a pair of airfix spares, luck I had one more spare and required a full nose repaint, spit will be in the gallery later, can see it here alongside the erroneous build of AB910 this is replacing. 8-A4-D5-A0-B-E4-B1-4-BAC-B646-F8-B37-D89

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

Tried to edit in an update re the XIX and couldn't so Ill do it alongside the finished spits and mustang, I'll need another decal sheet for the XIX so will be a while before I get back to it given I purchased 3 as part of the mustang build not in a rush to buy another.  Also a slight heart in mouth moment as I noticed the six stack exhausts on the old AB910, well a quick check of my references photos all show the 3 stack for 2012 and can't make out the exhausts in the jubilee photos so its fine. 02A39BCA-FD25-4AE1-86AF-80D1EF0D98CE.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Canopy on. Looks unlikely I will be completing the 4 ship photo at the beginning, Ill have to buy the AZ kit to get the decals and I know that kits to much of a pig to dare attempt NMF on it so I'd have to get the eduard kit as well. That's 30 quid for one build.....

9282-E3-F4-242-D-42-C0-B5-B6-9296-AE3-E7

• Like 1