***all 3 done***BBMF Spitfires x3 Diamond Jubilee Flypast

2 hours ago, CliffB said:

Is it just the codes that you need Stu?

I may already have the codes, haven't checked my code sheets yet, but the birds above the tail I definitely don't have, though I have now found techmod do the decals for reasonable price so I may just order that and the eduard kit. 

• Like 1

I'm afraid this will now be just the single completed build, absolutely fuming, got in a personal argument whilst I was working on the XIX and lashed out and its beyond saving would have had it decal ready within minutes. Edit all is not lost, I have a previous build I did in NMF, it shouldn’t be much work to repaint that for this. 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

• PhantomBigStu changed the title to BBMF Spitfire Diamond Jubilee Flypast

Worlds first double canopy transplant bit of sanding and painting and we are back on track, other build, a BoB film aircraft was the same kit but the only reference photo I have has the canopy covered so no reason it wasn’t actually a mkxiv under the covering as they were also used in filming. FE80-C879-D80-A-4-F6-D-8-C72-82687-F923-06-B0-DA8-F-9692-41-CF-BE32-E42-B6785-C1

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 2

Cheers, and apologies for the mad posting, things were a bit uncertain. Anyway decals on including the tiny 4 inch serials. Should be finished by Monday, now to order the mkix, turns out I can’t use the eduard kit as the Bbmfs has an e wing and the eduard e is now sold out everywhere so it will the AZ kit, for a silver aircraft. That will be fun….EA298150-17-B4-4-F74-AEA0-73-FC54-B00-D8

• Like 3

• PhantomBigStu changed the title to ***2 done***BBMF Spitfires x3 Diamond Jubilee Flypast
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wasn't happy with the finish and indeed on of the gear doors was angled wrong somehow so load of work to correct that, and sanded the hunbrol 11 and went over it with some Xtracrylix silber, the 11 is closer to the real thing but wasn’t happy with the finish as I’ve said particularly the underside, will redo the topside tommorow. FD883911-45-B7-442-E-940-E-60-DE4-A8-FDB

• Like 1

Had hope to get it done last night but it didn’t play ball, an exhaust fell in so had to dig out some spare eduard ones and then I broke the canopy, had a spare (though it meant another mkIx build has become a VII) but still not quite sorted it out yet. Will be in the gallery later with the others. 253038-D7-71-FA-440-B-AB10-C352-E755-CE9

• Like 1

• PhantomBigStu changed the title to ***3 done***BBMF Spitfires x3 Diamond Jubilee Flypast
  • PhantomBigStu changed the title to ***all 3 done***BBMF Spitfires x3 Diamond Jubilee Flypast