I.Ae 33 Pulqui 2 Fuerza Aerea Argentina (195x?)

Hello guys, 

I bought a second 3D Pulqui 2 with the intention of showing it in a presentation I'll be giving at uni this Friday.

The colour scheme is from Calcas del Sur's decal sheet, showing a possible scheme had the Pulqui 2 entered service with the FAA instead of the F-86F-40s ex USAF.

Bottom photo shows the Ta 183, where you can see just how similar both aircraft were. Both were designed by Kurt Tank, the 183 at Focke Wulf, and the Pulqui at Instituto Aerotècnico.

Colours used were Revell Aqua 05 White, 87 Dark Earth, 40 Black Green and 79 Grey Blue.

Though not as detailed as mainstream models (this plane is very basic, only landing gear, wheels, pilot and two fuselage halves), 3D printing is good when you can't find a model of an ususual subject in any scale. Hopefully a local resin manufacturer will tackle the Pulqui 2 in 48th some time.

However, since the kit is relatively cheap, I'll be buying a third one and paint it as the fifth prototype. This one was painted white with a red horizontal stabilizer and red cheatlines.

H88XPbF.jpeg

6M9erna.jpeg

I4rUUPZ.jpeg

2KanrP9.jpeg

bk1VkQE.jpeg

ooh6dDA.jpeg

LtyDnES.jpeg

8huiGOF.jpeg

meoqFBN.jpeg

3efjoe3.jpeg

G6XwgtC.jpeg

8ov7EAS.jpeg

OWVlhX6.jpeg

mJe1uil.jpeg

Edited by Sturmovik
  • Like 14

• Sturmovik changed the title to I.Ae 33 Pulqui 2 Fuerza Aerea Argentina (195x?)
3 minutes ago, 28ZComeback said:

Nice build and finish.  By the way I have a resin 1/48 Pulqui II that I bought years ago. It's resin and detailed. 

Really? Didn't know a proper resin kit existed. Do you remember the brand?

On 6/7/2022 at 7:26 PM, Sturmovik said:

Really? Didn't know a proper resin kit existed. Do you remember the brand?

I will dig it out of the attic. They appear on eBay from time to time. 

I have a Classic Plane 1/72 (made in Germany) Pulqui II kit - resin with vacu canopy

Here it is:

x7HVUOF.jpg

1dhEeW8.jpg

DIbFYY2.jpg

Decals are nice, canopy very transparent and has not browned - I bought this kit 20 years ago :)

Hope I have not hijacked this thread!

Cheers, Moggy (Fuerza Aerea Argentina fan)

On 6/8/2022 at 12:05 AM, Sturmovik said:

Hello guys, 

I bought a second 3D Pulqui 2 with the intention of showing it in a presentation I'll be giving at uni this Friday.

The colour scheme is from Calcas del Sur's decal sheet, showing a possible scheme had the Pulqui 2 entered service with the FAA instead of the F-86F-40s ex USAF.

Bottom photo shows the Ta 183, where you can see just how similar both aircraft were. Both were designed by Kurt Tank, the 183 at Focke Wulf, and the Pulqui at Instituto Aerotècnico.

Colours used were Revell Aqua 05 White, 87 Dark Earth, 40 Black Green and 79 Grey Blue.

Though not as detailed as mainstream models (this plane is very basic, only landing gear, wheels, pilot and two fuselage halves), 3D printing is good when you can't find a model of an ususual subject in any scale. Hopefully a local resin manufacturer will tackle the Pulqui 2 in 48th some time.

However, since the kit is relatively cheap, I'll be buying a third one and paint it as the fifth prototype. This one was painted white with a red horizontal stabilizer and red cheatlines.

H88XPbF.jpeg

6M9erna.jpeg

I4rUUPZ.jpeg

2KanrP9.jpeg

bk1VkQE.jpeg

ooh6dDA.jpeg

LtyDnES.jpeg

8huiGOF.jpeg

meoqFBN.jpeg

3efjoe3.jpeg

G6XwgtC.jpeg

8ov7EAS.jpeg

OWVlhX6.jpeg

mJe1uil.jpeg

Reminds me of the Lavochkin LA 15 as well

spacer.png

Selwyn

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, opus999 said:

I didn't know about this aircraft.  It's pretty nice looking, and your build of it is fantastic!

It isn't very known outside Argentina. I bet the Lavochkin La-15 is better known than this one.

• Like 1

On 09/06/2022 at 19:56, Sturmovik said:

@Moggy that looks like a sweet kit. Are you planning ln building it soon?

Possibly two years from the present - right now I'm building a series of transport aircraft in 1/72.

On the modelling table there's a C-46 (William Bros) being detailed inside and out from scratch. It's getting deployed flaps (more saw and plastic card) and open cowlings with detailed engines - more resin and plastic card :)

It is to be painted as serving in the IDF-AF Israeli Air Force ca. 1948

Next in line is a DC-6 T-51 Fuerza Aerea Argentina converted from a Heller 1/72 DC-6A - more saw and plastic card 😜

After that: C-54 5-T-1 COAN Revell 1/72 kit; for once OOB 😁

I still have to complete a J34 Hawker Hunter conversion in 1/72 Swedish Air Force and a C-47 TC-33 FAA (Italeri 1/72) that are almost finished!

What are you building next?

Cheers, Moggy

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Moggy said:

What are you building next?

Not really sure. I'll be getting Italeri's Nesher/Dagger, and I also have three German fighters and a Japanese one. I think my next build will be Tamiya's 1:48 Fw 190D-9. Mainly to use my paints and avoid them drying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moggy said:

Is Italeri's a new kit? What's in the box?

The Italeri kit is actually a rebox of the old ESCI model. Raised panel lines and some fit issues (wing/fuselage join). Decals are from Cartograf though, something that definitely redeems the kit. 

I have already built the Italeri Mirage IIIE with the parts for the EA (empennage extension), so I know the dos and don'ts for this kit.

22 minutes ago, exdraken said:

regarding 1/48!

Best scale imo. Not too big, but not too small either.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

The Italeri kit is actually a rebox of the old ESCI model. Raised panel lines and some fit issues (wing/fuselage join). Decals are from Cartograf though, something that definitely redeems the kit. 

I have already built the Italeri Mirage IIIE with the parts for the EA (empennage extension), so I know the dos and don'ts for this kit.

Main issue in my opinion is the shallow canopy. Quite noticeable when closed.... - leave it open!!

@ means you need some AM cockpit...  and if you are at it new nozzles and deep burner can ;)

Neomego do a cockpit for the ESCI Mirage, AML and Reskit exhausts... :thumbsup:

• Like 1