Short Sunderland MkII - 1/32nd scale vacform

There are some really outstanding builds of 1/72 Sunderlands going on right now that are very impressive.  But to do the same type of fantastic work on a 1/32 scale with so much of it scratch built is just jaw dropping.  Two things out of curiosity, where do you display such a beast, and I would really like to watch your toaster building skills at work.  I think that would be wonderful to se..

• Thanks 1

On 6/10/2022 at 4:42 PM, georgeusa said:

There are some really outstanding builds of 1/72 Sunderlands going on right now that are very impressive.  But to do the same type of fantastic work on a 1/32 scale with so much of it scratch built is just jaw dropping.  Two things out of curiosity, where do you display such a beast, and I would really like to watch your toaster building skills at work.  I think that would be wonderful to se..

Many thanks - and this will live in the attic along with my other biggies. It’s relatively dust free and they sit in some racking but room is getting tight!

And as for the toaster - best I don’t make that too well known as her indoors may feel the need to have words!

21 hours ago, Robert said:

Having seen it at our model meeting just one word, superb.

Regards

Robert

Thanks, Robert - and as always it was good to see you last night. 

Well, a bit belatedly I’ve realised that your latest monster is finished Tom.  And words seem inadequate; masterful constructions skills and beautiful finishing to match (plus you always seem so darned in control of the whole process!) Inspiring :D  And good to see you Saturday.

Edited by Fritag
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Fantastic work! And sooooo  biiiigggg.

Maybe an inspiration to make that Hercules on top of my cupboard. 🤔 Great to meet you on Saturday. 
All the best.

John. 😇

Thanks, John - and it was great to meet you too. No excuses I say - drag that big Herc out and beat it into submission!

14 hours ago, Fritag said:

Well, a bit belatedly I’ve realised that your latest monster is finished Tom.  And words seem inadequate; masterful constructions skills and beautiful finishing to match (plus you always seem so darned in control of the whole process!) Inspiring :D  And good to see you Saturday.

You're very kind, Steve - and it was good to see you too. It would be great for a few of us to get together at Telford or the like and have a pint (or two!)

Tom

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
23 hours ago, janneman36 said:

Oh boy I missed the revealing of the finished behemoth…

What an excellent build this is, do you have some room in the pond left for it?

cheers, Jan

Many thanks, Jan - and the local council did get a bit tetchy about me mooring it on the village pond as it has meant the local ducks can no longer take off and land safely. The RSPB has been in touch and everything - they simply don't understand :unsure:

22 hours ago, Ad-4N said:

Man, that is a (expletive deleted) load of work there!  Well done. You must own stock in Evergreen Plastics for that interior.  Amazing.  

Thank you - and to be honest I do actually (usually) end up spending more on Evergreen than I did on the initial outlay for the model itself - true story!

Tom

• Haha 1