Hi Tom,

Very Nice looking Sunderland :thumbsup:

If these were still readily available (or even a Mk III/V), I wouldn't

mind having a crack at one

Thanks for sharing your build and Model with us

Regards

Alan

• Thanks 1

:gobsmacked: Oh my!!!!!  I don’t know which adjective to use first on this subject.  Impressive, beautiful, superb, awe inspiring……they all work. Well done Tom 

Mike

• Thanks 1

Wonderful build - and all from a few bits of bent plastic. I honestly wouldn't know where to start with a project like that. You are a true craftsman.

And there I was wondering if I'd have enough space for a 1:72 Sunderland  - and that's just the box 😉

all the best

Mark

• Thanks 1

On 6/7/2022 at 10:20 PM, bentwaters81tfw said:

Time now to finish that FM Halifax.

Yes indeed - it’s still being worked on, albeit very slowly. 

On 6/7/2022 at 10:24 PM, bigbadbadge said:

Good grief, awesome build and awesome size, great work . Where are you going to put it without gaining unwanted attention from the Domestic Authorities ???😉

Chris

Planning went in for a garden lake just this morning!

On 6/7/2022 at 11:16 PM, cngaero said:

Now that is seriously impressive Tom. I've thoroughly enjoyed following the progress of this mega build. I can't wait to see what you start next.

I’m considering a 1/32 Catalina - also from Tigger. It’s in the stash and ready to go…

On 6/8/2022 at 7:22 AM, Alan P said:

Tom, this is a brilliant model for all kinds of reasons: the scratchbuilding, the flawless construction, the amazing, consistent finish...but the big thing is that you finished it! Lots of people start these grand projects with much fanfare but the enthusiasm peters out after a few months and they languish unfinished in a dark corner thereafter 😂

Congratulations on a superb Sunderland, exceptional even by your standards 👏👏👏

Thanks, Alan. I did have a few breaks from it but was determined to get it finished. 

On 6/8/2022 at 7:44 AM, Vince1159 said:

It could be worse,if it was a B-29 we wouldn't be able to see you at all,she's one lovely looking Sunderland...

I’ve already done one - I should dig it out the loft and take a pic of me holding that, too! 

On 6/8/2022 at 10:09 AM, LDSModeller said:

Hi Tom,

Very Nice looking Sunderland :thumbsup:

If these were still readily available (or even a Mk III/V), I wouldn't

mind having a crack at one

Thanks for sharing your build and Model with us

Regards

Alan

Thanks, and they’re still readily available from John Wilkes.

17 hours ago, 12jaguar said:

I'm sure I post this every time after you finish one of your masterpieces; but when are you gonna finish that bloomin' Stirling LOL

Cracking job as always

John

The Stirling will get its chance - I had it out just the other day, actually!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What an incredible build. I was going to say that you know you're at the next level when a toaster is part of your modeling equipment, but I think you already knew you were at the next level when you basically scratch-built a 1/32 Sunderland 😂

Very impressive work!

• Thanks 1

That's incredible Tom!! The Sunderland is absolutely superb, but you've greyed a bit since we last met! 😆

• Haha 2

Yeah, it's Okay, I guess. If you like that sort of thing. The 1:1 scale model of you holding it is fairly convincing, though. All seriousness aside, Tom, fantabulous work on the Stachelschwein! And here I can't finish my 1/72nd scale Sunderland! It would put me to shame if I had any. So, is it off to the Shack, then?

Best Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Additional comment added.
  • Thanks 1

Amazing result and loved reading your “work in progress” posts along the way. Really informative and a pleasure to follow the journey to an impressive result in more than just size alone 🙂

Awaiting your start on the Catalina……

Rgds,

Rob 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mark said:

That's incredible Tom!! The Sunderland is absolutely superb, but you've greyed a bit since we last met! 😆

Thanks, Mark - and long time no see! Are you still cruising around in A320s?

Grey hair… what do you expect when building kits like this? :winkgrin:

10 hours ago, Learstang said:

Yeah, it's Okay, I guess. If you like that sort of thing. The 1:1 scale model of you holding it is fairly convincing, though. All seriousness aside, Tom, fantabulous work on the Stachelschwein! And here I can't finish my 1/72nd scale Sunderland! It would put me to shame if I had any. So, is it off to the Shack, then?

Best Regards,

Jason

Thanks, Jason. And rest assured the Shackleton is not forgotten about. I keep thinking about biting the bullet and getting it finished but I’ve got too many other exciting things to distract me! One day…

Edited by tomprobert
Typos
  • Like 1

Tom,

This has been a guilty pleasure to watch as a WIP, and an awe-inspiring finish. I'm currently plodding along with my own 1:72 OOB Mk.III, and yours is an exemplar for sure! Well done on such a huge endeavour,

Cheers,

Roger