Short Sunderland MkII - 1/32nd scale vacform

That is something else. Absolutely fantastic.

Looking forward to seeing it at a show

Cheers

Dick 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, tomprobert said:

@Mike any chance this could be moved across? 

Probably ;) Two demerits for putting your thread in the wrong place though :tease:

• Haha 4

Another outstanding example of plastic wizardry from the Probert Ironworks, Ltd assembly line. And when anyone asks where will it go, smile and say "Where ever it wants to"

• Haha 1

OMG, this is simply fantastic.  It would be amazing if it were just a regular plastic model but the fact that it was vacuform coupled with all the scratch building you did make this just incredible!  I love the weathering you did, particularly the underside.  Very nice effect.  Congratulations!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mike said:

Probably ;) Two demerits for putting your thread in the wrong place though :tease:

Ha! Thanks, Mike - and you’ve let me off lightly to be fair!

Tom

• Like 1

Tom, this is a brilliant model for all kinds of reasons: the scratchbuilding, the flawless construction, the amazing, consistent finish...but the big thing is that you finished it! Lots of people start these grand projects with much fanfare but the enthusiasm peters out after a few months and they languish unfinished in a dark corner thereafter 😂

Congratulations on a superb Sunderland, exceptional even by your standards 👏👏👏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s difficult to add anything different as it’s all been said, but I’m going to say Tom that this is a build and now RFI that I have gone to as soon as I saw an update.

Wonderful modelling, and highly entertaining reading your notes on the build, too.

Thanks for this, Tom.

• Thanks 1

That is an giant work!

Let me confess, that models in size of Sunderland in 1/72 are for me a bit too big handle... Of course Sunderland in 1/72 is significantly smaller then Clipper 314 in 1/72 (my biggest model) but still they all are tiny compare to Sunderland in 1/32!

Congrats

J-W

• Thanks 1