Last part of my Finnish AF collection in 1/72

A most impressive collection Alain! Lovely work. I especially like the MS406s, Hurricanes (my grandfather used to fly them during the Winter War) and DC-2s.

You have created a collection many modellers here in Finland say is impossible to do. Is there any types still missing from your "Finnish Air Force"?

Cheers,

Antti

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Antti_K said:

A most impressive collection Alain! Lovely work. I especially like the MS406s, Hurricanes (my grandfather used to fly them during the Winter War) and DC-2s.

You have created a collection many modellers here in Finland say is impossible to do. Is there any types still missing from your "Finnish Air Force"?

Cheers,

Antti

Thank you very much.

Yes, I have 2 missing models, first is the Kotka target plane, and second is the Tupolev U SB 2, training plane.

Alain

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sky Keg said:

The Finnish Air Force in WWII is well represented in your museum.  :goodjob:

Mike

Thank you, yes indeed, but not only. I have also the russian conterpart (but not a good idea to post for the moment).

Both side of the Spanish civil war.

Sino-japanese war.

A huge collection of "British" planes Maltan MTO, SEAC Ausie, canadian.....US.

More than 3200 models made (including 400 of my deceas father)

50+ years of building models.

Alain

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Antti_K said:

Cheers,

Antti

You can send the post to your friends in Finland.

I would be happy to explain if there is any questions.

Alain

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MACALAIN said:

You can send the post to your friends in Finland.

I would be happy to explain if there is any questions.

Thanks Alain. I just might do that (and hope to see the long faces).

Cheers,

Antti

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Antti_K said:

Thanks Alain. I just might do that (and hope to see the long faces).

Cheers,

Antti

Welcome.

Alain

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Britman said:

What a wonderful collection. I have always had a soft spot for any Finnish subject.

I can't help myself here but you haven't FINNISHED yet.

Keith

Thank you very much.

Alain

• Like 1

Nice collection. I have always thought of the Finnish Air Force as interesting, due to the variety of aircraft, and their own camouflage scheme.

One of your Gladiators is actually a Swedish Air Force aircraft though, but in Finnish markings. 🙂

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Vingtor said:

Nice collection. I have always thought of the Finnish Air Force as interesting, due to the variety of aircraft, and their own camouflage scheme.

One of your Gladiators is actually a Swedish Air Force aircraft though, but in Finnish markings. 🙂

Thank you very much.

I had already post 3 parts of my FAF collection, with a lot of other aircraft.

I have also 2  Swedish Hawker Hart in Finnish color.

Alain

Wow, what a collection of Finnish aircraft! Are all these from the Winter and Continuation Wars?

Best Regards,

Jason

P.S. On my part at least, please feel free to post your 'Russian' collection. Remember it was really Soviet, not 'Russian', and had nothing to do with the present unfortunate situation.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Learstang said:

Wow, what a collection of Finnish aircraft! Are all these from the Winter and Continuation Wars?

Best Regards,

Jason

P.S. On my part at least, please feel free to post your 'Russian' collection. Remember it was really Soviet, not 'Russian', and had nothing to do with the present unfortunate situation.

Thank you, yes indeed, except  one Buffalo and one Bf 109, all are from Winter and Continuation Wars.

Alain

PS : I have a lot to post before the soviet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Learstang said:

So, you have Imperial Russian aircraft - now that would be interesting to see.

Best Regards,

Jason

Sorry, no, I have a lot of models made but only an old Marane from Revell.

Alain

A lovely collection, Macalain... I knew Finland used many aircraft from different countires, but only when I see your collection do I really appreciate just how many.

I may have missed it, but shouldn't there perhaps also be - or is there already - an Italian Fiat G.50 in your collection?  I went back and double-checked, but I couldn't see one.  They had smart colour schemes applied to them.  I like the Morane-Saulnier Ms406s, and the Dornier Do22... ;-).

Regards,

Paul

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, obdl3945 said:

A lovely collection, Macalain... I knew Finland used many aircraft from different countires, but only when I see your collection do I really appreciate just how many.

I may have missed it, but shouldn't there perhaps also be - or is there already - an Italian Fiat G.50 in your collection?  I went back and double-checked, but I couldn't see one.  They had smart colour schemes applied to them.  I like the Morane-Saulnier Ms406s, and the Dornier Do22... ;-).

Regards,

Paul

Thank you, yes, I had already post 3 other Finnish Air Force planes, with Fiat, other Morane, 406, 410, Mokro Morani, Hurricane, Bf 109, and a lot of Buffalo's.

The first is 7 or 8 weeks ago. I post usualy ones a week.

Take courage to go back a few pages.

Alain 

On 15/06/2022 at 03:21, obdl3945 said:

Regards,

Paul

My previous Finnish post are from page 18 to now.

Alain