Marseilles Bf109F-4 Wrknr 10137??

Mycapt65

I know Marseille's aircraft are old hat but I want to build one anyway. I like the mid demarcation 78/79 scheme so I'm considering building either Wrknr 8693 with the red primer rudder or 10137. Are the first two pictures Wrknr 10137?
There's clearly three colors and two soft demarcation lines on the engine cowling. RLM 79/78/04? The demarcation on the lowest color is soft and an unusual location for a yellow cowling. Thoughts on that?
Also is the right side quarter glass painted over or replaced with metal? Looks possibly vented?

Thanks in advance 
Ron

afaed327c1103ef86240f968a02ff1c0 2c3d3376cff65740f3a05eec4b40fed4 34c676a4a8dd1bd993f0f15fb39a1dda--north-africa-marseille

Edited by Mycapt65

The first two photos posted are W. Nr. 10059, the last photo is 10137. 

The panel on the starboard windscreen of 10059 is metal with a flare port, typical of most F series machines.  The low demarcation of the yellow on the lower cowling is unusual, but clearly evident in photos. 

Some claim the spinner was segmented white and yellow.  There is a short film of the aircraft which shows two tones to the spinner.  The second photo posted above reveals this on close examination.  It could be paint or grime or insufficient white paint applied over a black and white spinner.

Edited by Ingo Ritz

Great thank you so much. I wasn't aware that the right quarter glass was eliminated on most Fs. Would 8693 be similar incase I model that a/c?

Are there any photos of 10137 that show enough of it to conform a scheme? I have the decals for that plane. 

Thank you 

Ron

The right quarter windscreen panel change occurred during the F-2 production.  The F-1 and some early F-2 retained the glazed  panel.  The metal panel was typical on the F-4, and incorporated an opening to accommodate signal flares.  The opening could be seen with and without a barrel extension.  When not equipped with the barrel the port was sometimes covered with a fabric patch.  

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3