Academy 1:144 B-1b Lancer

Thought I'd start to share my completed builds from my inventory. To make it easier for myself, I'll also go in alphabetical order of manufacturer (so expect a fair few Airfix kits next ;) ) so here begins with Academy's 1:144 B-1b Lancer.  
Lovely little kit with the exception of the top to bottom join along the front fuselage to nose section and the incredibly lacking detail on the afterburners. 

All finished in Hataka Orange Line paints.
I do have another one of these kits in my stash in which I plan to get some 3D printed engine exhausts for it instead of the awful kit options.

I built this kit with the ability to swing the wings to my liking so the wing sleeves were glued in the open option. 
Depicted as B-1b Lancer 86-0139 "Drifter" as she was the first B1 I had ever seen at the fence of RAF Fairford. A great and late friend printed the nose art decal for me from a photo from the original painter of the nose art.

Thanks for looking and don't hesitate to ask any questions!

IMG_4040.jpgIMG_4042.jpgIMG_4048.jpgIMG_4052.jpgIMG_4056.jpgIMG_4057.jpgIMG_4063.jpgIMG_4069.jpgIMG_4072.jpgIMG_4082.jpgIMG_4081.jpgIMG_4079.jpg

• Like 43

• 4 weeks later...

Sometimes for whatever reason you don’t look at every post on the forum which in this case is a shame because that’s a cracking job you have done, sorry it took so long to look and respond. Good job!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Mark V said:

Great job on this one!  If that’s the Hataka Gunship Gray straight from the bottle, it looks right on. 

I like it. 

Yes, this is exactly that.

Thanks again everyone, this has taken off in the last day or so 😅